The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

W.Utsch

Andrew: Fantastic!!

Too busy with the Sony A7R, that i almost forgot how beautiful the DPM's and its Photographers are!

adrewdecourcy

Andrew: Fantastic!!

Too busy with the Sony A7R, that i almost forgot how beautiful the DPM's and its Photographers are!

Thank you. First time I've been called beautiful, handsome maybe :D

I have to say, I go back to my other camera's, yet for all the quirks of the camera and time it takes to process images all is forgiven and I return to the DP3, I do like and actually enjoy using the camera.

lordmetroid

Thank you for sharing your photographs with us. I love that leaf, it is so life like, the photograph is very inviting and gives me a feeling of comfort.

tomseagull

Starting with Sigma

Hi All,

A big thankyou for helping me choose the DP3M. I sold my Fuji X100s and moved as I wanted a longer focal length, my interest being portraits. The portraits here were super inspiring!

Some of my first pics.

How can I show the images. Neither the wrap code nor the insert image links are giving the result.

Last edited:
Re: Starting with Sigma

Hi All,

A big thankyou for helping me choose the DP3M. I sold my Fuji X100s and moved as I wanted a longer focal length, my interest being portraits. The portraits here were super inspiring!

Some of my first pics.

How can I show the images. Neither the wrap code nor the insert image links are giving the result.

Look good to me! Welcome...

Tim

Re: Starting with Sigma

Hi All,

Some of my first pics.

This one is sublime.
I wonder if only the Foveon could capture it.

tomseagull

Thankyou, Tim and Ranger Rick!

You are probably right, Tim. The feedback I got for that photo usually says how real it looks.
I was thinking today, that I click less photos with the Sigma compared to the Fuji. But the number of photos i feel happy about have gone up with it.

Elusivesouls

I was interested in the Sigma DP3M so I rented one this week and have been playing around with it the last couple of days. To say the least, I am impressed, and while I have a lot to learn, I'm already loving the results.

Here are a few shots I took this weekend:

Raja by Elusivesouls, on Flickr

Mexican Fireleg by Elusivesouls, on Flickr

I'm fairly certain that I will be ordering this camera soon. I am not a huge fan of the "run and gun" style of shooting. I've owned a Sony A99 and a Canon Mark III for a while but for the last year or so, I've preferred slowing down and learning to have patience with my photography rather than hoping for one good shot out of a hundred. As such, I've recently downsized to the Fuji camera system (x100s and X-E1) and now am looking at the Sigma line.

StuartH

Some amazing shots in this thread! I'm new here and also soon to be new owner of a dp3 just ordered today,look forward to sharing some photos once its here.Seems a bargain for the price here in the UK at the moment £339!

Hulyss Bowman

Hello, I took it away because a smart pall found the good idea to take it, remove my copyright and sell it in USA.

An Attorney is taking care of him for me since two days. I want blood and will have.