The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

StuartH

Yeah just seen that!..weird.?? Wonder if I accidently dragged the clone tool over it as I removed some eye boogers and distracting hair

hcubell

Stuart:
The images of your dog reminded me of what the Sigma DPMs are capable of. The 3D dimensionality that comes through even with a web JPEG is simply amazing. My Sigma DP2 sits there gathering dust because of the awful workflow with the Sigma software and the battery life. Such a shame that Sigma can't get Phase One or Adobe to handle their files.

Autacraft

Anyone have any recommendations for Polarizing filters for the DP3m? I'm considering the Hoya PRO1 digital filter, seems a good balance of quality and price, but do any of you with a DP3m use a filter you can recommend?

I've noticed that the LH3-01 hood that I have for the camera is threaded to take a filter, but I don't know what the thread size is and can't find out....any ideas anyone? I know the actual lens thread is 52mm dia. but any clue what the thread of the hood is?

Also, another filter question....a lot of people seem to sit on the fence with U.V filters and digital, and personally I'm inclined to agree that they only serve any real purpose when shooting with film.....BUT, a lot of Merrill fans seem to use UV Heliopan SH-PMC filters with 'strong recommendation' and I'm not entirely sure why? If its a case of protection....thats not something i'd ever subscribe to unless facing sea spray or grit at a car rally (for example) but I'd be very interested to see any actual real life examples of shots taken with and without U.V filters by comparison on the DP3m, just to see if there are actually any colour / contrast gains to be made?

P.S, I'm not U.V bashing so please lets not start a huge argument for and against, I'd rather people using the filters just display their results if possible....I'm really intrigued!

Thanks!

biglouis

Auricula - plants raised by my wife - who incidentally writes a well received blog on gardening and is a recognised internet expert on hyacinths and bulb forcing.

DP3M shots - the last one repeated to show how the gorgeous bokeh becomes even more gorgeous at f3.2.

camheart

Can someboby please help me to upload pics so that they appear in the forum without having to click a link?

Thanks,

Anish.