The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

biglouis

I do find that Sigma sensors tend to struggle with skin tones - not too sure about the first two but the last one is very good indeed.

Of course, the detail is spectacular.

LouisB

ggibson

Thanks for the comments. I also find the DP3M to be pretty harsh at times for skin texture. That extra microcontrast tends to highlight every crease and beauty mark. I did do some local adjustment in Lightroom to help balance this effect on my wife's skin. This wedding was fun to take some shots with the DP3M because of the Indian outfits we were wearing had a lot of texture and color. I also have some shots with my A7rII and the pictures definitely have a different look.

As far as the saturation/contrast is concerned, I'm curious what browser you are using? On my screen, Chrome and Firefox show the images correctly, while Edge and IE way oversaturate my images. I'm no expert in color management, and I've had trouble getting my images to look the same across all monitors.

tagscuderia

Sometimes the technicalities of White Balance et al just fall by the way side and you simply have to step back and applaud. That's a beautifully taken and processed photo!