The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

lightnmagic

Mt Charleston - Las Vegas

The fallen trees along the winding trails at Mt Charleston make it an interesting place .Each of the fallen trees have so much character and attitude & thats what I wished to capture with this shot

Attachments

lightnmagic

Very nice shot! I take alot of pictures of cars too.

Gary
Thx Bensonga ...from one car photographer to another ..controlling reflections, flares and color distortions become the most challenging ....love a partially cloudy day which we get once in a while here in vegas

ggibson

Picked up my DP3 for some shooting last week. New year, old camera! But still lovely results. I have some black and white shots to post later this week.

First, a color image. I shot this same scene on film last year. Different conditions and slightly different framing, so they're not directly comparable, but I thought it would be fun to share the results nonetheless. The film image was shot using a 150mm lens on 56mm x 56mm film, whereas the Sigma version is a 50mm lens on a 24mm x 16mm sensor. With the Sigma file cropped to 16mm square, the field of view is slightly wider on the film image.

Hasselblad version on Velvia 100

Sigma version:

Digital Velvia by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

B L

Picked up my DP3 for some shooting last week. New year, old camera! But still lovely results. I have some black and white shots to post later this week.

First, a color image. I shot this same scene on film last year. Different conditions and slightly different framing, so they're not directly comparable, but I thought it would be fun to share the results nonetheless. The film image was shot using a 150mm lens on 56mm x 56mm film, whereas the Sigma version is a 50mm lens on a 24mm x 16mm sensor. With the Sigma file cropped to 16mm square, the field of view is slightly wider on the film image.

Hasselblad version on Velvia 100

Sigma version:

Digital Velvia by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
Sigma is demonstrating some horse power. Just imagine a 33X44 or larger size fovnon.

ggibson

I've stitched many panoramas from my DP3 before, to an equivalent size of up to 46mm on the long side. The results are always amazing to see!

Like many others, I'm eagerly awaiting more news of the full frame foveon (this year?!?), and potential new DP cameras. Personally, I've always mainly appreciated the size:quality ratio of Sigma's DP series, so I hope they don't lose sight of that as they bump up the sensor size. The fp got a lot of buzz for being so compact and light--take note, Sigma! I already have a larger camera, my Sony A7rII, that travels with me most of the time and offers a well-rounded experience (AF, high ISO, video) and just as good IQ.

Here are a few more shots from the DP3 last week, converted to B&W:

Untitled by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Untitled by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Artichoke Thistle 1 by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Artichoke Thistle 3 by Graham Gibson, on Flickr