Site Sponsors

Thread: Sony Nex-7 w/Sigma lenses vs. the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill - new blog post!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sony Nex-7 w/Sigma lenses vs. the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill - new blog post!

Hello everybody, I just posted an article ON MY BLOG comparing the Sony Nex-7 equipped with Sigma 19mm & 30mm lenses with the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill, featuring beautiful Venice images.

A teaser: Sigma DP2 Merrill:

vs Nex-7:

You can read all about my findings HERE. Enjoy!

Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sony Nex-7 w/Sigma lenses vs. the Sigma DP1 & DP2 Merrill - new blog post!

I own both the 7 and DP2m..... with the sigma e mount lenses as well..... IMO it is a apples to oranges comparison. The DP2m is in another league.... no contest 30mm to 30mm
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! I always like comparing between Sigma and other camera's interpretations. I really like the images (even the Sony ones )

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting review. Thank you for posting the link.

LouisB
    -----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lovely images, Vieri.

One does not have to go read whatever is in that blog. Just those two samples show the difference clearly.

WB on NEX-7 is worth crap, forget about the details/resolution. Nothing wrong with the Sigma lens it is just that camera sucks (I own one! )!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    I own both the 7 and DP2m..... with the sigma e mount lenses as well..... IMO it is a apples to oranges comparison. The DP2m is in another league.... no contest 30mm to 30mm
    IQ-wise, I completely agree. However, the Nex-7 is an all-rounder camera, while the DP2 M is not - it's a gain something here, lose something there situation...

Quote Originally Posted by ggibson View Post
    Thanks for posting! I always like comparing between Sigma and other camera's interpretations. I really like the images (even the Sony ones )
    Thank you for your nice comments, glad you enjoyed! Indeed the Sony holds its own, is still one of the best interchangeable APS-C cameras out there after all.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    Very interesting review. Thank you for posting the link.

LouisB
    Thank you Louis! I am happy you enjoyed my little effort

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Lovely images, Vieri.

One does not have to go read whatever is in that blog. Just those two samples show the difference clearly.

WB on NEX-7 is worth crap, forget about the details/resolution. Nothing wrong with the Sigma lens it is just that camera sucks (I own one! )!
    Hello Vivek, thank you for your nice words on my pics I wouldn't go as far as rap, to say that the Sony is crap, but I definitely liked the Merrill better (and I sold the Nex-7 afterwards...!)
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART