The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

price drops on the DP1Ms

mmbma

Probably old news to some but Amazon just dropped the price on DP1ms from 999 to 799. I know it made the difference to a few people who were on the fence. I didnt' see it but I assume similar drops in price on the DP2M

kgelner

Just a quick correction, that's DP1M, not DP1ms (because the DP1s is an older lower res model and people could get confused). I think you possibly meant to use that as a plural but it still end up confusing...

andrewteee

That price is for the third party 47st Photo, which, if I recall correctly, does not have a great reputation. All other vendors are selling it for over $1000. Amazon itself is not selling it. However, B&H has it for $799. Just might be the new price.

Jim DE

Adorama and B&H now have both followed suit and are offering the DP1m and DP2m at $799.00 usd each ........ tempting....very tempting!

Braeside

Thinking further about this, I guess that exchange rates have a bearing on this too. The UKP not doing so well.

volkerhopf

Thinking further about this, I guess that exchange rates have a bearing on this too. The UKP not doing so well.
At Sigma Australia all 3 DPxMs have now a max $300 cashback offer (depending on the Sigma camera you own) but only if you have a locally bought Sigma camera.

Most people don't even know that there is a Sigma Australia and I have never seen it advertised. Mind you they are actually cheaper than the internet shops like Digital Rev.

Tim

At Sigma Australia all 3 DPxMs have now a max $300 cashback offer (depending on the Sigma camera you own) but only if you have a locally bought Sigma camera.

Most people don't even know that there is a Sigma Australia and I have never seen it advertised. Mind you they are actually cheaper than the internet shops like Digital Rev.
Whoever posted the original information about Sigma Australia, I give a :thumbs:
I got mine locally, cheaper than anywhere at the time.