Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 247

Thread: DP Merrill color Landscapes

  1. #101
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofronj View Post
    Ute,

    Is that White Pocket, or somewhere else? Very nice!

    Jim

    Jim-

    It's taken at Yellow Rock.

    Thanks.

    It's hard to get any love around here IMO.

    People seem rather stingy with their compliments.

  2. #102
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    The Luminous Landscape is even worse.

    Seems to be very much a clique.

  3. #103
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    F11, 1/40, ISO 100
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #104
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    My mistake.

    Forgot to mention the most important part. The Camera.

    The incomparable DP1 Merrill.


  5. #105
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ute View Post
    F11, 1/40, ISO 100
    I love the colors! I am new to the DP1m and have not shot it enough to say I have gotten a "wow shot" yet. Your rock shot is a wow.
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

  6. #106
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    I love the colors! I am new to the DP1m and have not shot it enough to say I have gotten a "wow shot" yet. Your rock shot is a wow.
    Thank you Darr. Much appreciated.

    I originally used my DP2 Merrill more because the image quality is hard to beat.

    But as I acquainted myself more and more with the DP1 I found the focal length more to my liking for most of my needs.

    Used properly any Merrill is hard to beat.

    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #107
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Here's one more from the same day's shoot.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Hey Ute,

    It turns out that we drove by this place on our way to Page the last time I was out there (we did Cottonwood Canyon road). We spent quite a bit of time chasing blooming cacti and doing some landscape stuff farther south (those black hills). Next time I'm out there this will be on the list as a spot to spend a day...

    Jim

  9. #109
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofronj View Post
    Hey Ute,

    It turns out that we drove by this place on our way to Page the last time I was out there (we did Cottonwood Canyon road). We spent quite a bit of time chasing blooming cacti and doing some landscape stuff farther south (those black hills). Next time I'm out there this will be on the list as a spot to spend a day...

    Jim
    Good idea Jim.

    It's worth seeing IMO.

  10. #110
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Green Pool reflection.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #111
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    The Old Mormon Fort at Pipe Springs as seen from a typical Pioneer garden.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #112
    Senior Member biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    ^^^ nice composition with detail throughout the frame ^^^

  13. #113
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    ^^^ nice composition with detail throughout the frame ^^^
    Thanks.

    Using a DP2 Merrill makes such shots commonplace.


  14. #114
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Trouble ahead

    One more for today.

    I was looking back over some older material and came across this one.

    Thought I'd share it.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #115
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Fall in the land of Canaan.

    I've always thought this should have been made a part of Zion NP
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #116
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Darr-

    You seem to like most of what I post.

    Much appreciated. glad you enjoy them.


  17. #117
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ute View Post
    Darr-

    You seem to like most of what I post.

    Much appreciated. glad you enjoy them.

    Absolutely love your work!
    It is a nice enjoyment for me to view your work as I do not always have a lot of time to look through posts for inspiration. I know if your posting, I will probably get a dose of inspiration.

    BTW, I love the covered wagon shot; there is something about the composition and a sense of subtle creaminess I take from it. What part of the county are you shooting in? I ask because I will be visiting my son in Alamogordo NM in 2 weeks and any spots you (or anyone else) knows in that area would be appreciated. I have been to NM before, but not where he is currently stationed with the USAF.

    Thanks,
    Darr
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

  18. #118
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Absolutely love your work!
    It is a nice enjoyment for me to view your work as I do not always have a lot of time to look through posts for inspiration. I know if your posting, I will probably get a dose of inspiration.

    BTW, I love the covered wagon shot; there is something about the composition and a sense of subtle creaminess I take from it. What part of the county are you shooting in? I ask because I will be visiting my son in Alamogordo NM in 2 weeks and any spots you (or anyone else) knows in that area would be appreciated. I have been to NM before, but not where he is currently stationed with the USAF.

    Thanks,
    Darr

    And again, thank you.

    Those shots are southern Utah.

    I lived in NM for 7 yrs. and loved it.

    White Sands is a must see. I'd also get up to Riudoso and Cloudcroft.

    Silver City used to be nice too.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #119
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    And now for something really different.

    Just to show I don't only do Sandstone.

    A newly discovered kind of water bird.

    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #120
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Back to sandstone.

    Texture and swirls of White Pocket.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #121
    Subscriber Member Shelby Frisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boulder Colorado
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    I really like your shots of this area(plus your other work). Southern Utah is one of my favorite places. If you ever get a chance to stop at the Kiva Coffee House (on highway 12, its well worth it, especially late fall. Its a great place for a spectacular cup of coffee :-). However, they do close for the winter.
    Shelby

  22. #122
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Frisch View Post
    I really like your shots of this area(plus your other work). Southern Utah is one of my favorite places. If you ever get a chance to stop at the Kiva Coffee House (on highway 12, its well worth it, especially late fall. Its a great place for a spectacular cup of coffee :-). However, they do close for the winter.
    Shelby
    Thank you Shelby. Much appreciated.

    I have been there as I have been to Escalante many times.

    Coffee is good and so are the pastries.

    View isn't bad either.


  23. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Something from the southern hemisphere - shot on a breezy spring day (~120km/h +), getting bead blasted by the fine stones, and trying to keep still enough to get a shot off....

    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #124
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Welcome Paul.


  25. #125
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    A sinuous little Slot.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #126
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Couple more from "the Wave".
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North of Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by antoniez View Post
    Hi,
    This is my first post here. I have the DP1M and the DP3M. I have the green cast with the DP3M. I don't even know how to get rid of it, so it's pretty annoying. Here's an example taken on the New Forest in Hampshire.

    Nobody to help him ? - e.g. in Photoshop ? I would like to read, too.

  28. #128
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyndel View Post
    Nobody to help him ? - e.g. in Photoshop ? I would like to read, too.
    Look back thru the DP2 thread. It has been covered in there.

    Sorry I can't be more specific.

  29. #129
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pastel Pinnochio

    Just got back from a trip to the Valley of Fire State Park in NV.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #130
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    The 2nd Pinnochio

    Just another pretty face in the same area.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #131
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    I'm ready to jump

    Another one rolled off the assembly line right on schedule.

    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #132
    Subscriber Member Shelby Frisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boulder Colorado
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    I really enjoy seeing your Valley of Fire pictures, they are really great. I lived in Las Vegas for a couple of years a very long time ago and used to get out there quite often. As much as I like the Valley of Fire, its not enough to make me wish to live in Las Vegas again.
    Shelby

  33. #133
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Frisch View Post
    I really enjoy seeing your Valley of Fire pictures, they are really great. I lived in Las Vegas for a couple of years a very long time ago and used to get out there quite often. As much as I like the Valley of Fire, its not enough to make me wish to live in Las Vegas again.
    Shelby
    Thanks.

    Can't say I blame you.


  34. #134
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    The Grand Canyon.

    Not much more you can say.

    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #135
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    The Butterfly
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #136
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Thanks Shelby. Much appreciated.

    You seem to really like what I do.

  37. #137
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Whitmore Canyon.
    Last edited by The Ute; 8th January 2014 at 06:39.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #138
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Guess I've got this whole thread all to my lonesome.

    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #139
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Peter-

    I never intended to monopolize this thread, honestly. Just thought that the Merrill's deserved a chance to show what they can do w. pure Landscape subjects.

    But I'm prolific.

    Or maybe I'm just less ashamed of posting my stuff than some.

    I would have thought this would have been a very popular and active thread.

    Oh well. Shows ya' what I know.


  40. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Just so The Ute doesn't feel too lonely....

    Maybe not as dramatic as the desert and canyons:



    But if you like green, we do green pretty well here
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #141
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Just so The Ute doesn't feel too lonely....

    Maybe not as dramatic as the desert and canyons:



    But if you like green, we do green pretty well here

    Paul-

    Green is fine.

    And thanks for the company.


  42. #142
    Senior Member biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    I do visit the thread. I should post more myself but at present I am doing very little landscape photography with my DP2M.

    Doing a lot more 'urban' type work with my GR!

    Keep posting, though.

    LouisB

  43. #143
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Thanks Louis.

    Glad you stopped by to rally the troops.


  44. #144
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    I just found out that I reached my quota for posting photos here so it looks like I won't be posting any more for a while.


  45. #145
    Senior Member darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ute View Post
    I just found out that I reached my quota for posting photos here so it looks like I won't be posting any more for a while.

    Can't you just post your images using a link from your web site?




    Walking Stick at White Sands National Monument
    DP2 Merrill 1/250 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100


    Here is a 100% crop of the incredible sharpness of the walking stick insect from the above image:


    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #146
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Can't you just post your images using a link from your web site?




    Walking Stick at White Sands National Monument
    DP2 Merrill 1/250 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100


    Here is a 100% crop of the incredible sharpness of the walking stick insect from the above image:


    Lovely photo Darr. Glad you made it to WS. The DP2 is miraculous.

    Photographer's paradise. Enjoy it.

    I cannot post using those types of links. Too complicated.

    Eventually my quota will return. When it does I'll add more images.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    So many god images here. My attempt with, new to me a DP3.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #148
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    near Baltimore MD
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ute View Post
    The Grand Canyon.

    Not much more you can say.

    The only thing more I'd say would be "wow". I bought a Merrill based on these threads but haven't been able to get out with it yet, hope to have something to add to the thread. I love your Southwest pictures, not sure what I can find in Maryland to even begin to compare...

  49. #149
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by morthcam58 View Post
    The only thing more I'd say would be "wow". I bought a Merrill based on these threads but haven't been able to get out with it yet, hope to have something to add to the thread. I love your Southwest pictures, not sure what I can find in Maryland to even begin to compare...
    Welcome to both of you newcomers.

    Which Merrill did you purchase ?

    Thanks for the compliment.

    Much appreciated.

    We used to have a guy around here from Delaware and he posted some very nice shots.

    So being from a nearby state I bet you be able to do the same.


  50. #150
    Senior Member The Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DP Merrill color Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by adrewdecourcy View Post
    So many god images here. My attempt with, new to me a DP3.
    God made these things but doesn't take the photos.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •