The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

darr

St. Marks, Florida
DP1 Merrill, f/8 at 1/80, Handheld

My first time shooting a Merrill; definitely a learning curve in the sun!
I ordered a viewfinder today for quick compositions in the sun and will shoot mostly on a tripod. Ordered the lens hood as well.
I have been looking to get into a smaller line of cameras as I shoot MF and tire of all the bulk.
I sure do hope Sigma comes out with a bigger Foveon sensor in the future.
I bought the DP1 used after I rented it as a teaser. :)

The Ute

St. Marks, Florida
DP1 Merrill, f/8 at 1/80, Handheld

My first time shooting a Merrill; definitely a learning curve in the sun!
I ordered a viewfinder today for quick compositions in the sun and will shoot mostly on a tripod. Ordered the lens hood as well.
I have been looking to get into a smaller line of cameras as I shoot MF and tire of all the bulk.
I sure do hope Sigma comes out with a bigger Foveon sensor in the future.
I bought the DP1 used after I rented it as a teaser. :)

I don't think you are going to be disappointed.

As long as you use it within it's operating window and don't try to make it into something it's not.

Happy shooting.

:)

The Ute

Here's a few more.

Been a while since I could post anything as I had reached the allocation limit.

Last edited:

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
I really like the pictures that have been posted in this thread and want to thank all the people who have taken the time to post. I've learned a lot from them and it helped convince me into buying one. Here's a shot from a few weeks ago.

A dry streambed in Boulder Colorado before the flood. With the Dp3 Merrill.
Shelby Frisch

jtwloh

Although I have the '2' and the '3' I'm finding I use the '3' for landscapes most, something a little more pleasing about the perspective it gives and if I want a wider angle of view then theres always PT Gui... Heres a couple from this weekend, the end of the monsoon here in Mumbai providing some nice moody skies.... Both DP3M.
The composition from both is very pleasing.
Though they are different elements within the frame, yet it conveys a sense of simplicity in those shots.:thumbup:

chris007

Last weekend I visited my "backyard" mountain, the Roßkogel. I had my new companions, the DP1m and the DP3m, with me and had a lot of fun. Especially the autumn colors where stunning.
The picture was made with the DP1m, processed with SPP and post-processed with Lightroom/Photoshop.
While it was pure fun to use the DPm's I had again some weird green color cast in the sky. I got rid of it in post-processing, but it wasn't that easy. I suppose the polarizer and ND grad filter, which I used together, intensified this effect.

Chris

chris007

Thank you The Ute.
Here another one from a lake called "Kogelsee" in the "Lechtaler Alpen" (Tirol, Austria).

Again shot with the Sigma Dp1m in combination with a polarizer and a ND-grad-filter and 3 frames for dynamic range.

The Ute

All I can say about this last one is "awesome".

I wish I were wandering around there w you.

Thanks for sharing.

And you're welcome.

The compliment is well deserved.

:clap: