The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

The Ute

My mistake.

Forgot to mention the most important part. The Camera.

The incomparable DP1 Merrill.

:)

The Ute

I love the colors! I am new to the DP1m and have not shot it enough to say I have gotten a "wow shot" yet. Your rock shot is a wow. :)
Thank you Darr. Much appreciated.

I originally used my DP2 Merrill more because the image quality is hard to beat.

But as I acquainted myself more and more with the DP1 I found the focal length more to my liking for most of my needs.

Used properly any Merrill is hard to beat.

Kofronj

Hey Ute,

It turns out that we drove by this place on our way to Page the last time I was out there (we did Cottonwood Canyon road). We spent quite a bit of time chasing blooming cacti and doing some landscape stuff farther south (those black hills). Next time I'm out there this will be on the list as a spot to spend a day...

Jim

The Ute

Hey Ute,

It turns out that we drove by this place on our way to Page the last time I was out there (we did Cottonwood Canyon road). We spent quite a bit of time chasing blooming cacti and doing some landscape stuff farther south (those black hills). Next time I'm out there this will be on the list as a spot to spend a day...

Jim
Good idea Jim.

It's worth seeing IMO.

The Ute

The Old Mormon Fort at Pipe Springs as seen from a typical Pioneer garden.

Last edited:

The Ute

Trouble ahead

One more for today.

I was looking back over some older material and came across this one.

Thought I'd share it.

Last edited:

The Ute

Fall in the land of Canaan.

I've always thought this should have been made a part of Zion NP

Last edited:

darr

Darr-

You seem to like most of what I post.

Much appreciated. glad you enjoy them.

Absolutely love your work! :thumbs:
It is a nice enjoyment for me to view your work as I do not always have a lot of time to look through posts for inspiration. I know if your posting, I will probably get a dose of inspiration.

BTW, I love the covered wagon shot; there is something about the composition and a sense of subtle creaminess I take from it. What part of the county are you shooting in? I ask because I will be visiting my son in Alamogordo NM in 2 weeks and any spots you (or anyone else) knows in that area would be appreciated. I have been to NM before, but not where he is currently stationed with the USAF.

Thanks,
Darr

The Ute

Absolutely love your work! :thumbs:
It is a nice enjoyment for me to view your work as I do not always have a lot of time to look through posts for inspiration. I know if your posting, I will probably get a dose of inspiration.

BTW, I love the covered wagon shot; there is something about the composition and a sense of subtle creaminess I take from it. What part of the county are you shooting in? I ask because I will be visiting my son in Alamogordo NM in 2 weeks and any spots you (or anyone else) knows in that area would be appreciated. I have been to NM before, but not where he is currently stationed with the USAF.

Thanks,
Darr

And again, thank you.

Those shots are southern Utah.

I lived in NM for 7 yrs. and loved it.

White Sands is a must see. I'd also get up to Riudoso and Cloudcroft.

Silver City used to be nice too.

The Ute

And now for something really different.

Just to show I don't only do Sandstone.

A newly discovered kind of water bird.

;)

Last edited: