The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill color Landscapes

biglouis

I do visit the thread. I should post more myself but at present I am doing very little landscape photography with my DP2M.

Doing a lot more 'urban' type work with my GR!

Keep posting, though.

LouisB

The Ute

I just found out that I reached my quota for posting photos here so it looks like I won't be posting any more for a while.

:(

darr

I just found out that I reached my quota for posting photos here so it looks like I won't be posting any more for a while.

:(
Can't you just post your images using a link from your web site?

Walking Stick at White Sands National Monument
DP2 Merrill 1/250 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100

Here is a 100% crop of the incredible sharpness of the walking stick insect from the above image:

The Ute

Can't you just post your images using a link from your web site?

Walking Stick at White Sands National Monument
DP2 Merrill 1/250 sec at f/5.6, ISO 100

Here is a 100% crop of the incredible sharpness of the walking stick insect from the above image:

Lovely photo Darr. Glad you made it to WS. The DP2 is miraculous.

Photographer's paradise. Enjoy it.

I cannot post using those types of links. Too complicated.

Eventually my quota will return. When it does I'll add more images.

morthcam58

The Grand Canyon.

Not much more you can say.

:)
The only thing more I'd say would be "wow". I bought a Merrill based on these threads but haven't been able to get out with it yet, hope to have something to add to the thread. I love your Southwest pictures, not sure what I can find in Maryland to even begin to compare...

The Ute

The only thing more I'd say would be "wow". I bought a Merrill based on these threads but haven't been able to get out with it yet, hope to have something to add to the thread. I love your Southwest pictures, not sure what I can find in Maryland to even begin to compare...
Welcome to both of you newcomers.

Which Merrill did you purchase ?

Thanks for the compliment.

Much appreciated.

We used to have a guy around here from Delaware and he posted some very nice shots.

So being from a nearby state I bet you be able to do the same.

Paul H

Not so much a landscape, rather more of a cityscape / suburbscape.

This is a stitched panorama taken with the DP2M from one of Wellington's many hill suburbs. The rare thing this day was that there was no wind, not even up here. That's something that doesn't occur often in a city slap bang in the middle of the roaring forties....

(Click the photo for a larger version)

One thing I have noticed about the DP2M photos is the way it renders clouds - quite different from many other digital cameras. I can't explain what it is; maybe it's all in my imagination?

Sapphie

Paul

Great shot and I agree there is something special with the way Foveon renders sky and clouds. Sea and water too, for that matter.

Lee

The Ute

Not so much a landscape, rather more of a cityscape / suburbscape.

This is a stitched panorama taken with the DP2M from one of Wellington's many hill suburbs. The rare thing this day was that there was no wind, not even up here. That's something that doesn't occur often in a city slap bang in the middle of the roaring forties....

(Click the photo for a larger version)

One thing I have noticed about the DP2M photos is the way it renders clouds - quite different from many other digital cameras. I can't explain what it is; maybe it's all in my imagination?

Nice shot. I lived in Auckland for a year. Wonderful country.

It is not your imagination.

I believe it has to do w the overall perfection of the DP2 lens sensor combo.

They are world class.

The resolution and micro detail lead to a very strong 3D-like quality.

It is not easily replicated.

These little Merrill's are a wonder. Nothing can really touch them for the price.

They are on a par w the D800E and new Sony A7r.

I'd estimate their effective MP rate at somewhere between 24 and 30 MP.

Pretty stunning.

I have 24 x 36 blowups that are perfect.

And remember the weight and price.

Apologies for the long post but I love raving about these cameras.

AndBie

My 1st post and thanks for sharing your great pics
Aerial photographs taken with DP1M on a flight from Guangzhou (Canton) to Xiamen

Paul H

Here's some volcanic cones shot on a recent trip up north. The first two are on New Zealand's central volcanic plateau, the last is Rangitoto, a volcanic cone just off the coast of our largest city, Auckland. Shot with the DP2M.

Ruapehu:

Ngauruhoe:

Rangitoto:

Once again, I love the way the Sigmas render clouds and sky.

The Ute

Paul-

I used to be able to see Rangitoto from my balcony.

We lived in Orakei. A suburb of Auckland.

It was a nice sight.

thanks for the memory.