Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No thread for Ricoh GR?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No thread for Ricoh GR?

Apparently these shipped yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut. Ordered on day one of it being available on Adorama. Either they didn't get many or they decided to go out of order and give it to someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get one yesterday. So far, it's nice. It truly is front pants pocket pocketable. The AF is fast in daylight...slower in low light. Looks usable to ISO 3200. That's my initial impression.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Congratulations - seems you are the one to get the thread started!

I'm looking forward to it.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Got delivery for mine last night too! Didn't pre-order or anything - saw a camera store in Brooklyn got it on eBay and I pounced! They had 8 and I got the last one

Great little camera - my lightest camera yet! This is my first Ricoh and the amount of customization is dizzying! I actually had to read the manual as some operations are not as intuitive. All in all, it is fast and responsive. LCD screen on the back is gorgeous. AF is nothing to brag about - it hunts but is very precise. I love the silent shutter - you can set it up so you hear no AF confirmation and shutter sound. Haven't played with snap focus yet. I hate that the battery charges in the camera. I like the finish - coarse metal (?) and rubber grip. Just snaps around the house show a usable ISO 3200 (Very good for something this size). Lens is AMAZINGLY sharp - even at 2.8. Can't wait to put it through its paces this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

sounds good! have to go to one of my camera-pushers tomorrow to take a look....but one thing....you all have to post some Pictures very soon, also in B&W.
    Thorkil