The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Foveon Sensor, SPP Monochrome - Images

AndreStanding

Totally new to posting images, and can't seem to get this to work. Any advice for a novice (two test images from Kenya with DP2m linked here). Cheers, Andre.

mezzoduomo

Totally new to posting images, and can't seem to get this to work. Any advice for a novice (two test images from Kenya with DP2m linked here). Cheers, Andre.

Hi Andre,

I use tinypic.com. Upload the image to tinypic, then copy/past the 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards' link into your post here.

Good luck, and thanks for posting!

MisiekBunnik

A cropped to landscape orientation picture, converted to Monochrome in SPP3.3, from a original DP2.
At lunch hour 3 men discuss life as 3 women go by and do their thing. Here it seems as life is hard on the women and easier to the men. Taken In Jelenia Góra, Poland.

PaulO

I'm starting to look at alternatives to ACR/CS6 for B&W. On the Sigma Best Practices thread it was suggested that I should try Silver Efex Pro 2 for B&W. After a bit a research I think I'll try SEP2. This tool seems to give even more control over the color channels than ACR/CS6 for changing individual tones. For my DPM images I've tried using SPP Monochrome, but I find the lack of adjustments to individual color channels too limiting and a have greater range of personal tuning with ACR/CS6 (and even more I assume with SEP2). Have others compared these alternatives?

mezzoduomo

The old Sacred Heart church sits behind barbed wire in a vacant lot under the flight path of Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. This church was the focal point of a thriving Mexican community, which vanished when the airport expanded.

DP-2 Merrill. ISO 100, f5, 1/60.