The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Foveon Sensor, SPP Monochrome - Images

mezzoduomo

It's time to really explore the Monochrome tab in SPP. I'll get the ball rolling with a picture from a construction site that I pass each day on my way to work.

DP1 Merrill, ISO 400, f11, 1/250.

MisiekBunnik

Typically Dutch Black and White / Sigma DP2 'original'

I passed these cows today on my way to work, they are really cute and curious animals so they decided to come and visit me by the fence. A good opportunity to take out the camera and see how this scene would look in a monochrome white balance. Actually i like it this way, although the colour version looks nice too! It was a good feeling trying to connect to these animals :)

I hope a non Merrill is OK here?

SDIM0026 by MisiekBunnik, on Flickr

mezzoduomo

Typically Dutch Black and White / Sigma DP2 'original'

I passed these cows today on my way to work, they are really cute and curious animals so they decided to come and visit me by the fence. A good opportunity to take out the camera and see how this scene would look in a monochrome white balance. Actually i like it this way, although the colour version looks nice too! It was a good feeling trying to connect to these animals :)

I hope a non Merrill is OK here?
LOVE the shot!

Malina DZ

I noticed there's a difference in output between LR & SPP when converting B&W images from RAW to JPG.
Here's sample SPP straight to JPG:
View attachment 72399

Here's SPP save as TIFF 16-bit, import to LR, then export as JPG:
View attachment 72400

The difference in contrast is noticeable in LR preview when compared to SPP.

ggibson

I don't have a DP camera, but I downloaded SPP and some merrill RAWs to play with, and the new monochrome mode is impressive. It definitely improves or removes banding, even in ISO 3200 shots. The 100% files have a great look once processed.