The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Foveon Sensor, SPP Monochrome - Images

Kofronj

Well, I feel that I've got to raise darr's lighthouse with another one. This is a photo of the lighthouse 'on' Little St. George Island. It's of historical interest because it fell over about two months later! They fished most of the bricks out of the gulf and have rebuilt it on SGI . It's been several years since we've been back to the island and this is one of my favorite places in the world...

darr

Well, I feel that I've got to raise darr's lighthouse with another one. This is a photo of the lighthouse 'on' Little St. George Island. It's of historical interest because it fell over about two months later! They fished most of the bricks out of the gulf and have rebuilt it on SGI . It's been several years since we've been back to the island and this is one of my favorite places in the world...

Lovely 'historic' shot you posted Kofronj!

Now the SGI lighthouse welcomes you from the drive off the causeway at East Gulf Beach Drive. I do not get down there all that often anymore (2 hours away), but have shot some great dune scenes from there. St. Marks (SM) is close to me and is a great place to try out a new camera. I am totally new to the DP1 Merrill camera and the SM lighthouse and scenics I took during the shoot are the first shots I have made with the camera. So far I am loving it, just have to learn how to shoot in the sun.

Hi,
Please forgive my ignorance but SPP Monochrome is a way of processing files ??
I've become interested in the little Sigma cameras and I'm trying to learn about them
Thanks !

Robert

gnuyork

Hi,
Please forgive my ignorance but SPP Monochrome is a way of processing files ??
I've become interested in the little Sigma cameras and I'm trying to learn about them
Thanks !

Robert
Yes, there is a monochrome tab within the Sigma processing software that allows you to do the B&W look - add grain, etc.