The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dp2 merrill batterys

tray271

hi guys what batterys would you recommend for the dp2 merrill ...the original ones seem expensive ......do they have to be 3.6v or can they be 3.7 ..any help would really be appreciated as i know i am going to need a lot of batterys

pvg

Wasabi. I bought 4 to go with my 2 sigma batteries for a 1 month trek in Nepal. Wasabi batteries worked great and lasted just as long as the Sigma branded batteries.

M

myoung4828

I bought some $19.99 batteries, the ones they sell on ebay, i'm sending them back, they are too thick, I put one in the dp2 merrill and couldn't get it out, had to pry it out, scary stuff.

pvg

The batteries I bought direct from Blue Nook where basically identical to the Sigma batteries. The went in the camera easy and dropped out easy. This is the link:

Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Ricoh DB-65 and Ricoh G700, G700SE, G600, GR Digital, GR Digital II, GR Digital III, GR Digital IV, GX100, GX200, Caplio R3, R4, R5, R30 : Battery & Charger Kits

I believe it is the same that is sold at amazon:
Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Ricoh DB-65 and Ricoh G700, G700SE, G600, GR Digital, GR Digital II, GR Digital III, GR Digital IV, GX100, GX200, Caplio R3, R4, R5, R30: Camera & Photo

I'm going to be ordering more of these as they as so cheap that trying to solar charge or use external batteries doesn't make sense (at least for me).

Peter