Site Sponsors

Thread: Twin Lens Reflex

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Twin Lens Reflex

I would like to add the TLR camera system here if it cannot have its own forum. I own the new Rollei TLR FT and at the moment I am shotting film with it. I am also working on a project to digitize these film and share the images here. I look forward to see images taken from these camera to be posted here as well as the information.

-Son

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Twin Lens Reflex

Great stuff Son , thanks for joining up with us. Look forward to you being here.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know there are a lot of twin-lens shooters out there who still love to pull them out and use them. Great to have this spot for them to meet!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy and Jack, I joined the Rollei TLR forum and it is just not alive. Rollei has introduced 3 more camera that just came out this year, the Rolleiflex FW, FX and FT (this one is not for sale yet). I have never use a camera that is so easy to take image with and with the most unobtrusive method at the waist level finder and the quite of the shutter mechanism and lack of mirror slap. This is the closest to the Leica M8 that I have used.

I hope we will bring in lots of orphans using a great TLR system to a new home here. If they ever decided to make it digital available I know I would own one for sure.
    Last edited by PSon; 7th November 2007 at 10:20. Reason: for claritiy
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Son,
    Looking forward to seeing some images from the Rollei... just hope they aren't too good as the wallet is thin these days

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David,
    We had a priest from Viet Nam visiting the family here yesterday and I was able to load a roll of film onto the Rolleiflex FT and took some shots. I cannot wait to duplicate the film to share with you. My 54H back should be here within less than 2 weeks.
    Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)