The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image posting question

peterb

I love using the DP2M and seeing the images here. The ones that are large really have an impact and really show off why we love this camera so much.. The thing is when I upload an image it's this clickable 'thumbnail. Could someone tell me what size or format I have to prepare images so they can be posted large so you don't have to click further? Thanks.

mezzoduomo

Hi Peter, I believe that if you are relying on the 'attach files' function of the Forum, you will be limited to the small clickable image. Using images hosted elsewhere (e.g., TinyPic or Flickr) provides some say over the image size.

I apologize in advance if my reply misses your point...

biglouis

Peter

Unless someone knows better the only way I know to post images at a size I determine is to either (a) post them to Flickr first and then link to them, or (b) store them on the internet and link to them. I use the 'insert image' icon to link to the internet address (URL).

If I don't want to share a picture on Flickr and still show it here at my preferred size (normally 850px high for square, or 1024px longest edge 3:2) then I first upload it via ftp to a directory on my website. Then I use the 'insert image' icon but (of course) post the internet address that points at the picture on my website.

That's how I do it: not sure if there is another way.

LouisB