The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

animefx

I just got my Ricoh GR a few days ago. This camera is pretty fun to use but I haven't decide if I'll keep it or not. Here is my first photo I can say I loved from this camera...

Hi,

Does anybody has experience with both, Sigma dp merrill and Ricoh GR? How would you compare IQ up to ISO 400 and AF Speed?

Maggie O

Thank you!

I am absolutely blown away by the capabilities of the GR. Its files are easily the equal of my X100, which, to my eye, are right up there with the M9's.

mezzoduomo

Do you people REALLY have to post these photographs right now? I don't have an "extra" 800 bucks at the moment, nor the 'marriage capital', nor the space in the cabinet to support buying the GR that I will undoubtedly soon buy...............:grin:

Millsart

Hi,

Does anybody has experience with both, Sigma dp merrill and Ricoh GR? How would you compare IQ up to ISO 400 and AF Speed?
I don't have the DP1m, but rather the 45mm equiv DP2m, so its not really apples to apples with the GR, however, the GR is about on par with any other good 16meg camera, like a Fuji XE-1 or m4/3. Nice sharp images edge to edge from the very good lens, and decent, but not class leading high ISO.

The Merrill's on the other hand far exceed it in terms of resolution, even slightly besting my 24meg RX1, but only at base ISO of 100.

Really just totally different cameras as the GR is quick to focus, has nice battery life (shares same battery as the Sigma's in fact) and you can use it at higher ISO's, its very customizable, etc

DP's really aren't too fun as a general shooting camera. Awesome when you can compose a nice shot at ISO100, as the detail is unreal, but otherwise they aren't very fun to shoot.

I'd rather view them as a compliment for one another, and both are pretty great values (plus share a battery)

GR for snapshots, street stuff, night shots etc, DP for landscapes, working from a small tripod etc

Robert Campbell

well, this is just some loose Jpegs,
hope that C1 soon will update for the GR.
sorry but they are taken at Vivid as I got used to the neutral on the GRD4 was too pale. But now this seems a bit too harsh and it does a bit too much sharpening too by this setting

iso 1100 1/200 2.8

iso 200 1/200 5.6

and 100%:

Thorkil
The first time I've seen a gutter on a thatch roof. Neat.

Robert Campbell

It's only over the doorway, to keep rain off your head. :D

Variations on this theme were common, usually miniature peaked roofs that projected a few inches from the wall.

- Leigh
Gutters over the doors would be superfluous in Ireland, given the "soft" nature of the weather :D

And, sadly, most thatched roofs have been replaced by corrugated iron.