The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Thorkil

You are probably right John about simplicity. But I personally still love the mood in the Picture 2. og 3. anyway. And the Jpegs can't manage a solid B&W conversion at those ISO's.
The GRIV was far more able to deliver weird structure in a pleasent way (for me at least) when staying at the edge of the sensors capacity, even at and actually foremost at jpegs. I miss that strange capacity, looking at the old IV Pictures yesterday.
Thorkil

J

JohnW

@thorkil: I was referring to the BW versions. I think color works much better, giving a nice atmosphere that is appropriate to the scene.

@everyone: Is anyone using an external finder? I'm considering one for use with snap focus. Aren't Ricoh's offerings all 4:3? If so, I guess it's the Voigtlander. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

John

Maggie O

I just use the screen, myself. I've got a Voigtlander 28mm finder, but no inclination to use it with the GR.

J

JohnW

Thanks, Maggie. I've actually grown to love LCD shooting, but it is hard to see expressions and gestures and other fine detail sometimes. I just wanted to try a finder. I've got a 35mm Voigtlander that I never use. Maybe I'll sell it and get a 28. Any interest in trading?

John

biglouis

I'm surprised at how much I do you use the dedicated Ricoh external viewfinder. I'm even more surprised that I can still get the camera with the viewfinder in my coat pocket!

LouisB

Robert Campbell

@everyone: Is anyone using an external finder? I'm considering one for use with snap focus. Aren't Ricoh's offerings all 4:3? If so, I guess it's the Voigtlander. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

John

You can alter the format to 2:3 or 1:1.

But, I'm happy to use the screen, even if I use the viewfinder on the Leicas.

J

JohnW

Great shot, Louis, and fine processing. The church sure adds significance. I had to look up "dossing." I don't recall ever hearing the term. Chiefly British, the dictionary says.

John

raist3d

Taken tonight... on a simple trip to get kitty litter at a Walgreens two blocks away... the importance of carrying the camera, *always*... (for a street photographer).

- Ricardo

J

JohnW

Really nice night work, Ricardo and thorkil. This thread continues to inspire.

John

Last edited:

Thorkil

...somehow and sometimes, I guess, we all need...in the shorter or in the longer run...someone or something to be supported of....

thorkil