The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

J

JohnW

I rented a GR for the weekend. A few shots below. I now get the GRD cult thing. Overall one of the best handling, most enjoyable cameras I've ever used, with great files. I was hooked from the start. The issue for me now is 28mm. A bit too close for me as a "normal" lens. But I'm thinking the GR and my Nex 7 with a 50 (75 FOV) might make a great combo.

John

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I rented a GR for the weekend. A few shots below. I now get the GRD cult thing. Overall one of the best handling, most enjoyable cameras I've ever used, with great files. I was hooked from the start. The issue for me now is 28mm. A bit too close for me as a "normal" lens. But I'm thinking the GR and my Nex 7 with a 50 (75 FOV) might make a great combo.

John
Even in the 35mm crop mode the GR will yield a superior image

Keith

kuujinbo

Love macro on the GR. Found a nice Canon 50mm/f1.4 LTM metal push on lens cap on eBay a little over a week ago for $14 including shipping from Japan. Arrived today. :)

jonoslack

Welcome to the GR-Club, Jono!
Thorkil
Thank you Thorkil
I think we'll be friends - I like 28mm, and the IQ looks really good. Not so sure about the case with it's pull off top!
I've sold my Fuji X20 and the RX100 to fund it - so it had better be good!

all the best