The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

J

JohnW

Something different, and in the interest of keeping the thread going.

John

Thorkil

At book launch and exhibition in Copenhagen of Jan Grarup (standing outside) ”Marked for life” about Danish soldiers in Afghanistan

thorkil

J

JohnW

Nice, thorkil. Like the tonality and the last one, in particular. The portrait on the wall pulls it together for me. A little irony, too, I suppose, with the photograph being the only one engaged with the photographer.

John

J

JohnW

General question for GR users. Has this camera changed the way you shoot? It has for me.

28mm is fairly new to me, having always preferred 35 or 50. But I'm enjoying trying to get closer and fill the frame. I would say it has emboldened me. It has also made me much more attentive to figure groups and setting, as opposed to individual subject. Both are welcome changes, I feel. And I'd say the GR has opened me to a much freer way of shooting, with less concern for technicals and more for expression, if that makes any sense.

I have not touched my Nex 7 kit since getting the GR, but I'm reluctant to part with it. As a last-ditch experiment I just bought the new black Sony 50 1.8 and am going to give carrying them both a try. 28mm and 75mm seems like a good combo. I'd love to see Ricoh offer a 50mm GR.

John

Thorkil

just in a hurry...therefore just 3 sec. tweaks at this from another exhibition today

John, yes it has. And no it hasn't(which Means YES still), while it has sometimes let my dreams come through (together with the GRIV) in a way perhaps no other camera has done before, but I'll have to explain tomorrow...will hurry down in the living room
thorkil