The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

raist3d

Portrait of a photographer friend (film/darkroom B&W photographer no less) I had breakfast with this morning.
This is a full 28mm uncropped shot, to those wondering (like me) what you can do with 28mm since I am not a wide angle photog.

- Ricardo

J

JohnW

I like the second one especially, Ricardo. It really shows off the wonderful BW tonality of the GR. The absence of any obvious distortion in the color pic is also pretty impressive.

John

Thorkil

Portrait of a photographer friend (film/darkroom B&W photographer no less)

- Ricardo
Somehow this is a bit of an outstanding Picture(sparkling and soft framed), I think, and refreshes what the GR (beside the photograph :)) is capable of.
And that beside, there is a bit of Dostojevskij, perhaps an aged Rodion Raskolnikov (the book everyone has to read, you know, before…), over it.
Thorkil

Last edited:

roanjoh

Ricoh GR from a recent trip to Guadalajara, MX. First time on a trip without my SLR - and it was a whole different experience not being bogged down by the weight. Ricoh definitely got a classic in their hands here with the GR, lightweight and amazing image quality. The lens attached to this body is amazing! Hoping for 35 f2 - and maybe an 18 f2.8 version! Even a 50 f2. I will buy them all! LOL!

raist3d

@roanjoh- believe it or not the last shot is my favorite. I also wish Ricoh to come out with a 50mm F2 lens version.

- Ricardo

Thorkil

Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
- Ricardo
Ricardo, yes, thats the book, Crime and Punishment, sometimes its just named Rodion Raskolnikov by Dostojevski (1821-1881), THE BOOK, you could call it. No, I don't know, people got different books in their backhead. But this one is ultimate strong.
I'm not good at reading books. But this one I read when I was 18, and couldn't stop before finishing (and for my part that is unusual), read it once Again for about two years ago, same thing happened, despite 600 pages :).
When you have read it, you will fully understand why your friend is a aged version of Rodion Raskolnikov, and almost spot on.
Thorkil

J

JohnW

Three I like from walkabouts this week. - John

Last edited:
J

JohnW

While visiting South Carolina last weekend, I drove over to the charming coastal town of Beaufort and walked through its vast military cemetery. What a moving experience. Acre after acre of fallen young men and women makes one introspective about sacrifice and war and hope for the evolution of human consciousness. - John

biglouis

As I came out of my train station this morning, just at dawn, the light was so beautiful I thought, "stuff it! I am going to photograph for a few minutes before hitting my desk". You gotta hand it to the GR: it does take a very nice photograph.

Whitechapel Waste - looking towards the 'Gherkin'

The Royal London

Famous door in Fulbourne Street

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I was wondering where you would resurface, Thorkil. I guessed it would be in the GR thread. Here's one to keep you company.

Keith

J

JohnW

As I came out of my train station this morning, just at dawn, the light was so beautiful I thought, "stuff it! I am going to photograph for a few minutes before hitting my desk". You gotta hand it to the GR: it does take a very nice photograph.
Louis,

Not sure which I like more -- the photos or the "stuff it" philosophy. Both excellent.

John