The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Maggie O

Maggie - your post processing has changed a bit of late?

Keith
Not much. Honestly, I think it's the different quality of the light in Hawaii that makes the biggest difference.

Maggie, I'm not sure why but I find your first photograph particularly engaging.

Since attending the Charles Harbutt show in Tucson, I've been looking at a lot of his work. I thought you and others here might enjoy it:

Charles Harbutt | Center for Creative Photography Online Gallery
Thanks, John! I'm off to check out the Harbutt stuff.

Thorkil

mellow unsharpnes...misty light...soft light, without sun breaking through...
cleaning brain....cleaning sight....
towards South, you are looking, while I'm looking to the left, looking East towards Sweeden, our brother-people, just right over there in the misty hide...
Wind just mildly blowing from North, and a thought is passing by, Wonder if the swedes have ever forgiving that we some few days ago (in 1520) chopped of the heads of most of the swedish nobility's in Stockholm (well only 82 actually, perhaps a relif for the farmers)(well, later on they took a violent revenge)...well I guess all is forgotten and forgiven nowadays....
but I don't know why the rumours says that the sweedes are admiring the danes...perhaps its something about more anarchy, perhaps they are looking at us like looking at a Savage people, a bunch of wild apes who just had jumped Down from the trees...don't know, but the admiration is only going one way...even though that ought to be wrong, while the sweedes have more respect towards society, speed limits, paying tax, and drinking of course (I guess they newer learned really to be drinking through), but for my part I admire the approach on the other part of the narrow sea....(even though it might be more fun at this side)
But....If you can be quiet for a while, you can, apart from those small waves, sense the very long, slow waves, lifting the sealevel up and down....greatings from the North Sea....but it's better to wait for the real spring(but today was a rehearsal), when the wooden bridges are reestablished and you can sit at the end of one, holding your one shoe just above sealevel, og starring at the sea coming slowly up towards your shoe...be carefull....a very silly occupation...but even though one of the nicest....
Well.....I'll put on my glasses in a while, just to take a sharp look at the World...and drive home....
thorkil

J

JohnW

Louis, love your BW above, both content and processing. Especially the way the street and light tones run toward infinity. You've got great touch with color and BW.

And I agree about this thread. I like that it also shows the potential of 28mm, which is not an approach I ever envisioned for myself.

John

biglouis

Louis, love your BW above, both content and processing. Especially the way the street and light tones run toward infinity. You've got great touch with color and BW.

And I agree about this thread. I like that it also shows the potential of 28mm, which is not an approach I ever envisioned for myself.

John
John

Thank you for the kind comments. I agree with you about the use of 28mm. Not a focal length I prefer, either but somehow - I can't work out how - it just works with the GR. Mind you, I do tend to crop as you must have noticed as I still like working in 1x1 even if I don't shot 6x6 film any longer.

Best regards

LouisB

raist3d

John

Thank you for the kind comments. I agree with you about the use of 28mm. Not a focal length I prefer, either but somehow - I can't work out how - it just works with the GR. Mind you, I do tend to crop as you must have noticed as I still like working in 1x1 even if I don't shot 6x6 film any longer.

Best regards

LouisB
I think your comment on the focal is how I feel too. Also I do like and use the 35mm and 47mm crop modes. I printed a 47mm 5.6 MP to 13''x19'' and at low iso (so it has all the detail) it still looks pretty detailed, so not afraid to use that.

Apparently Ricoh submitted a lens patent for an F2.0 equivalent to 35mm... if this is next year's model with say a 24 MP sensor, then we should be able to have 35mm and a crop to 70mm at 6 MP... I would love that, and that would go a long way for me to not want at teleconverter as much (I really want a teleconverter).

- Ricardo