The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Thorkil

Campo Santa Marguritha in Dorsoduro in Venice.
Where 85% are local inhabitants or students. The mood is nearby always very special and relaxed.
Go down further 50 yards at the right and buy the some of the best pizza's the world can deliver, a pizza-slice for the most demanding stomach at 2 Euro.

thorkil

J

JohnW

thorkil, looks like another rewarding trip to Venice. Enjoying the results, especially the lion shot. Very powerful and great post work.

John

Thorkil

thorkil, looks like another rewarding trip to Venice. Enjoying the results, especially the lion shot. Very powerful and great post work.

John
Tanks John, but it was way too short, only some very short 7 hours, but when one has to have a little injection of that city, one has to go, short or not.
Thorkil
(Ps. the lion was at 25.600 iso)

J

JohnW

Thank you, John. For me, they're the perfect match of cameras for most of my work.
I sold my black M9 a couple years ago and wish I hadn't. Since then I've been drifting around camera-wise, never quite satisfied and feeling homeless. Much as I love the GR, I need a full-size camera, too. Not sure another M9 would do it, but I often wonder.

John

Thorkil

for my part I still consider the A7S, but I don't know if I can live with that electronic viewfinder, but can take CV15, 21 Elmarit etc. without problems, and can go way up in speed and still keeping a decent output.
thorkil

Maggie O

for my part I still consider the A7S, but I don't know if I can live with that electronic viewfinder, but can take CV15, 21 Elmarit etc. without problems, and can go way up in speed and still keeping a decent output.
thorkil
I have an E-M5 that I use my old Nikkor lenses on and that I keep in my bedroom for kitty and doggie shots. Actually, it's kind of become my "animal rig" since I use the Nikkor 105 (210 on the OM-D) on it for wildlife!

But when it comes to making photos that really matter, I find myself with the M9-P or the GR.

biglouis

I have an E-M5 that I use my old Nikkor lenses on and that I keep in my bedroom for kitty and doggie shots. Actually, it's kind of become my "animal rig" since I use the Nikkor 105 (210 on the OM-D) on it for wildlife!

But when it comes to making photos that really matter, I find myself with the M9-P or the GR.
Funny but the GR is the only camera I own that brings me close to the kind of shooting experience I enjoyed with my Leica kit and Hasselblad film cameras (both now long departed). I can't work out why. It just feels good in the hand.

Not decrying my A7 or Sigma DPxMs, they are great tools but have absolutely no character.

LouisB