The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Thorkil

inspired by your too short shortstory, Maggie….and your concert with Paul McCartney….let me join in with a short shortstory too….
once upon a time there was this skinny teenager… I guess it was around 1966….he lived between two lakes in the northern sealand, just some miles north of Copenhagen…life was a lot more quit in general, which sometimes could be a relief, not that hefty load of inputs at all…but even though life felt rough for him….but after school he went down to the small one of the two lakes where there was a small boat rental, a middle-aged woman seated in a small boatshed…he emptied all the canoe’s and rowing-boat for water, didn’t get any money….but most of all there was this quit atmosphere over the lake looking out on the island in the middle of the lake…and he was allowed to take whatever he wanted for at boat or canoe..there was this marble of a Norwegian row-boat with lifted nose..he almost didn’t dare to touch it, it must belong to one of the rich people somewhere…but it seemed to fly above the surface and was a great joy to row, and it could turn around just like a fingersnap…and the canoes..he could paddle faster through the lake than to of his mates together in another canoe…

but…he almost didn’t listen to any music, primarily the nature was calling and was calming his mind, but his mother was listening to this new band called Beatles…but nothing moved around in his impatiently and unstable mind of his by that sort of music…

then one day he was laying alone on a small beach by the bigger lake…there was a girl several yards away with such a sophisticated thing called a transisterradio…able to scratch some sort of music out in the quivering air…and then some music turned out…”under the board-walk” and the speaker announced…and this was performed by the rolling stones….his world, by one stoke, turned upside down…he had to listen….”tell me” etc. …it hit him hard in the stomach and in the mind…it was a cry from outside his world from other people who somehow was in the same unstable state of mind…and it just felt good…he could relax when he listened…it filled him with energy…and a joyful feeling of not being alone in the world

In 71 stones was giving concert In Copenhagen along with the new member Mick Taylor, warming up band was Buddy Guy for almost 2 hours. After the concert he and some mates went to one of the parks in central Copenhagen to try to sleap in one of the bigger trees. But hanging down from the branches like some panters wasn’t an easy way the get a nap…so when the sun got up he walked to the coastline, hitch-hiked and out of the mist came an old Bedford-truck loaded with coal, a fat small dirty grinning man by the wheel and a wooden box with smoked herrings at the bench, I pushed the herrings aside…and what a nice ride home

I have never been at festival all my life, can’t stand the crowd of people all that non-stop drinking and foremost no places your body and eyes can find peace and rest…

..but this summer Roskilde Festival announced Stones…and while they somehow sometimes have changed circumstances in my life and reloaded my emptied energy when doing booring work, feeling drained in life etc. I sort of owe them…so I had to, as one of the first ones…

so half an hour before concert time I turned up the, and meet Nikolaj my son, at the memorial place for 9 people who died under a Pearl Jam concert several years ago….

but mind you the concert turned out to be sparkling, and even Mick Jagger who is a control-freak were laughing from joy when the 2½ hours concert turned out to be a relaxed and well played rehearsal og some of their best number

..and Mick Tayler was revisiting (try to listen to “Love in vain” from “Get your ya yas out”, and turn it up, and you will know what I mean)…
so music can save mind and lifes… :)
thorkil

Thorkil

..finally winter came along just throwing a thin overcoate upon us for just a couple of days

..in 1807 two English soldiers stole all their regiments money just before the regiment started a severe 3-days fire bombardment of the inner civil city of Copenhagen. But the regiment didn't find the escaped soldiers nor the treasure. When the last of the two soldiers was about to die back in England, he confessed to a priest exactly where they had buried the treasure, under this 400 years old oak. The message went to Denmark through the foreign department...they was digging and digging but never found the treasure. But the tree itself caught new life from all that refeshing oxygen around the roots...
So if you want to give it a try.... (but I guess you'll have to ask the queen at first) :)
thorkil

Thorkil

wonderfull texture and twisted punch, wouter, specially the last two (although the stone-surface is also "prickling")!
thorkil

J

JohnW

Wouter, I really enjoyed this series. I don't shoot much color, but if I did, this is the look I would aspire to. Love the boldness and composition, and admire your skill with the GR.

John

Starting new here (again). The GR is my primary camera.

Wouter Brandsma

Thank you John and Thorkill. Since stopping with slide film this is my first year that I mostly shoot color now after many years of photographing black & white.

J

JohnW

Wouter, more very nic pics. I especially like 2 and 3.

I try a color project once a year or so, thinking I'm going to make a serious move in that direction. But it never lasts long and I'm back to BW. Maybe some day...

Thorkil

..sadly..yesterday evening the snow had gone..

..and a happy new year to all the GR-owners (and the others too)..and just a humble wish, may the pictures keep floating.. and perhaps in an increased amount
thorkil

Wouter Brandsma

I don't really care about the camera anymore (which I think is a good thing for photography), so rather focus on the photographs instead. Best wishes for the new year too.

J

JohnW

Earlier this year I decided to do a color project too John. It happened to be my photo a day project though.
I signed up for your blog and will follow along.

Really nice, everyone!. Wouter, an especially big wow! on your last one.

I really need to get out at night more. Great to see this thread energized.