The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

neilvan

Rhododendron Flats in Manning Park, BC, Canada (a couple of hours from Vancouver). My GR and an ultralight tripod turned out to be a good choice today! :)

Rhododendron macrophyllum (naturally occurring)

Robert Campbell

My daughter, Lena, was on Rathlin Island recently; Rathlin is off the north-east corner of Ireland. She was assisting a German TV crew who were filming for a foodie programme to be shown on ARTE next year. They were particularly interested in kelp, a type of seaweed, and its culinary uses. Kelp is now grown there for harvesting.

These are her photos, not mine:

Kelp is the brownish, leathery-looking stuff at the right-hand end of the table. The local expert, Kate Burns, is demonstrating how to make 'kelp pesto' to Mackenzie, an American volunteer on the kelp farm:

Lena wasn't used to the camera; she asked the film director, who has the same camera, where the 'zoom control' was. He thought the GRD was a 'Hipster's camera'.

Last edited:

biglouis

Lena wasn't used to the camera; she asked the film director, who has the same camera, where the 'zoom control' was. He thought the GRD was a 'Hipster's camera'.
Lol! Well if it makes sure they continue to build and improve the GRD line then lets hope lots of Hipsters buy them (intead of Lomo's).

LouisB

Robert Campbell

My daughter, Lena, was on Rathlin Island recently; Rathlin is off the north-east corner of Ireland. She was assisting a German TV crew who were filming for a foodie programme to be shown on ARTE next year. They were particularly interested in kelp, a type of seaweed, and its culinary uses. Kelp is now grown there for harvesting.
Lena works for Tourism Irland in Germany, and was a facilitator on the trip.

This is about the food on Rathlin:

http://www.nigoodfood.com/5-million-germans-tune-rathlin-island/

ceh

Ceh, I thought you switched to Q and ditched GR. What makes you shoot with GR when you have the Q?
With Ricoh GR I take pictures in variety of activities; fast transfers
in the mountains, ski alpinism, ultra trail, etc. Then I just reach
into my backpack side pocket for the camera, which is available
immediately.
With Leica Q I shoot when there's enough time for composition or in the street.
:)
My wife with Leica V-Lux 20..

GR 28mm

biglouis

There is quite a fun thread going on at the Ricoh GR Street Photography public Facebook group about how much we all love and admire the GR. I contributed this photo (actually taken with my GX8) to the thread parodying the old car bumper sticker and which I called "My other camera is a GR!"

I love my GR.

sjg284

Is it weird that I own both of these too?
On the one hand - how many fixed-lens 28mm cameras does a guy need?
On the other - the GR is so small, and such a great value..

There is quite a fun thread going on at the Ricoh GR Street Photography public Facebook group about how much we all love and admire the GR. I contributed this photo (actually taken with my GX8) to the thread parodying the old car bumper sticker and which I called "My other camera is a GR!"

I love my GR.