The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

ceh

I've never seen the Brocken spectre or Brockengespenst, but I imagine this is one. The rings or halo around it are a 'glory'. Yes?

And, does that mean it's a 'selfie'?

Yes, it's a Brockengespenst ("vidmo" in Slovak) and they say
that once you've seen it three times you will not die in the
mountains.
It´s a "selfie":)

raist3d

A while indeed, and I want to keep pushing this torch. Ricoh GR II - I don't think it's worth its own thread so here I go. Got one on Monday.

- Ricardo

biglouis

Dusted off the GR the other day (actually, I was using it as a meter for my Linhoff Technorama 612 - which is another story). You can always rely on the GR for pulling off great street photography, imho.

Kings Cross redevelopment, London.

biglouis

This thread seems to have died which is a shame because the GR continues to delight me as the camera I carry when I don't want to carry a camera. Such an amazing sensor and lens combination. It will be my last camera standing when all the others have gone to great ebay in the sky... from an open day in London's historic Spitalfields locality.

A door through to the 'night soil' passage at the back of the terrace of houses

Door to Wilkes Street

Rear view, Princelet Street - a Queen Anne house

Self-portrait of the artist in a Spitalfields garden

Marvellous piece of 18c lead soilpipe - and a spade.

scho

I finally picked up the little GRII to use as a travel companion to my RX1RII, but after using the GR only a short while I can see how it could easily become my primary travel camera. I just love the image quality and ease of use.

A couple of first test shots:

and this indoor shot at ISO 12800

biglouis

Completely agree about the GR as a travel camera. Last year I went to Seoul for a holiday and I took four cameras, my GR, a Nikon compact film camera, an Olympus XA and my camera phone. The GR performed excellently. I mainly used it with the 21mm adapter - which to me hardly impacts the IQ at all (or at least I can't see any impact). I did post this before but here is an article I wrote about all the cameras but if features photographs from the GR one of which is my favourite of the whole trip (the ladies crossing the road dressed in traditional Hanbok).

tim g

I've had my GR2 a few months now and have really been enjoying it's ability to capture great family portraits and landscape shots. The JPEG output is really satisfying. Positive film can sometimes over saturate reds a little but generally i really like the lush affect it has. I enjoy a bit of black and white too and the options here are also great. If only it were weather proof!
Here are a few snaps, observations/critique welcome. All SOOC JPEG.
Cheers, T.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG