The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP2M Remote Trigger Help + Intervalometer

pvg

Hello, I'm going to try and use a Sigma DP2 Merril as an aerial camera in a drone this summer. I think the DP2M will be an absolutely fabulous aerial camera because of it's resolution, low distortion and corner to corner sharpness. But I've got a couple problems:
1. There is no remote trigger for the camera that I can find. Has someone found a workaround? Worst case scenario is that I have to mount a servo next to the shutter release. Has anyone cracked one of these cameras open? Just thinking that it might be possible to hard-wire an electric trigger.
2. Intervalometer. On my camera the intervalometer is restricted to 99 images!? Am I missing something? How can I extend the intervalometer to a few hundred images?
3. Has anyone tried using a large external lipo to extend the number shots to a few hundred?
4. Looking for a contact name of someone at Sigma that could answer questions about the internals of the camera.

My gut tells me that this camera will be fabulous for aerial mapping.

Cheers, Peter