Site Sponsors

Thread: LCD protector for Sigma DP Merrills???

Post Thanks / Like

LCD protector for Sigma DP Merrills???

Any recommendations from the Merrill folk on a good quality, good fitting LCD protective cover? Do any of the GGS protectors fit properly?

Thanks in advance for insight & recommendations.

Rand

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LCD protector for Sigma DP Merrills???

I was going to post asking much the same thing, more specifically asking if anyone has the Giottos 3" (66mm x 49.3mm) LCD protector installed and if this is a good fit?

I've googled for this but there does not seem to be a clear answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I bought several protectors and for some weird reason the kept on coming off my DP2M.

I've never experienced this in 10 years of buying protectors so I figured (perhaps?) there is something about the design or the finish on the LCD screen? Anyhoo, in the end I bought one of these, which I've found is excellent. So good, I've ordered another for the DP3M I bought yesterday. I have no connection with the seller, btw.

ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR SIGMA DP2 Merrill DP2M DP-2M DP2-M | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    Personally, I bought several protectors and for some weird reason the kept on coming off my DP2M.

I've never experienced this in 10 years of buying protectors so I figured (perhaps?) there is something about the design or the finish on the LCD screen? Anyhoo, in the end I bought one of these, which I've found is excellent. So good, I've ordered another for the DP3M I bought yesterday. I have no connection with the seller, btw.

ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR SIGMA DP2 Merrill DP2M DP-2M DP2-M | eBay
    Louis,

Thanks for sharing this! As luck would have it (good in this case), I ordered two of these the other day and am grateful for the good report on them.

Rand

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I ordered a flip bac mirror that fits over the lcd when not in use and protects it like a lens cover, but when opened works to hold the camera below or above like a tilt screen. Once it came off when I dropped the camera, but protected the camera, and I just stuck it back on--and it is still there months later.

Post Thanks / Like

I use this screen protector on my DPs Merrill and it work absolutely great. A must have, really.

Kenko LCD Monitor Protection Film for the General LCD-G-3.0 B&H
    Kind regards - Hulyss - hulyssbowman.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rand47 View Post
    Louis,

Thanks for sharing this! As luck would have it (good in this case), I ordered two of these the other day and am grateful for the good report on them.

Rand
    The LCD protectors arrived today. You're right, great fit, easy install & really nice clarity. Thanks again for the confirmation.

Rand