The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill firmware upgrades - news.

Rand47

SIGMA DP1 Merrill Firmware | SIGMA DP : Special Contents

SIGMA DP2 Merrill Firmware | SIGMA DP : Special Contents

SIGMA DP3 Merrill Firmware | SIGMA DP : Special Contents

Looks like Sigma has updated firmware in all three cameras to fix a few bugs, but more important are two other issues addressed:

- White Balance (and I suspect color rendition)
- File naming option

It looks as though there is an attempt to make the WB rendering the same across all three cameras. Great for those of us shooting more than on DPM. In comparing the file size of the update bin files, there are two for the DP2 and they are (in combination) HUGE compared to the update file for the DP3. So, I suspect there's some significant modification to the DP2 to make it more DP3-ish in color rendering.

Of equal value to multiple DP M users is the ability to change the file naming scheme "in camera" to reflect which DP camera the "file is"... e.g. DP1, DP2 or DP3 as the first part of the file name! Hurrah! I had been having to rename on export from SPP to avoid file name duplication between cameras, or be very careful not to save files to the same folder. Thanks Sigma... good thinking!

Rand

adsf

What i think about the two Files:

For version 1.04 you also needed two files.

Since there are older cameras out there which have something that is under 1.04, they have to include the second file again.
When i updated, the first "update" went superfast ant the second file took for al looong time.
So i guess that (because i had 1.04 already on the cam) the first update wasnt neccessary and it skipped to the second one.

The dp3 was shipped with a firmware that doesnt need the second file from beginning of production.

Just my opinion on that... So, we will se the second File forever now, i guess.

Last edited:

mezzoduomo

I'm having a problem...

When I'm working on DP1 Merrill files in SPP, I can't change the color mode (from Neutral to Vivid, or to FOV Classic Blue, etc.) Anyone have any insights or suggestions? This adjustment works fine on my DP2 Merrill files, but not at all on DP1 Merrill files.

I'm using the latest SPP version and the latest firmware on both cameras.

mezzoduomo

I'm having a problem...

When I'm working on DP1 Merrill files in SPP, I can't change the color mode (from Neutral to Vivid, or to FOV Classic Blue, etc.) Anyone have any insights or suggestions? This adjustment works fine on my DP2 Merrill files, but not at all on DP1 Merrill files.

I'm using the latest SPP version and the latest firmware on both cameras.
Just to close the loop, FYI: This was a data card issue. New SD card, no more problem. :D