Site Sponsors

Thread: Just got my Sigma DP cash back

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my Sigma DP cash back

I must say that either Sigma is the best camera company in the world or poor business managers!

I sent my cashback claim in last week (I think it was Tuesday) and I have in my sweaty hands the 200 cashback cheque just over 1 week later.

Thank you Sigma - my DP3M including the hood has cost me 560.

LouisB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Just got my Sigma DP cash back

I went the same route as you and bought a DP3M because of the cash back. My check arrived pretty quickly but was hand written - definitely written by a person and not a machine with one of those weird fonts. This suggests that the demand is not exactly enormous.

Nonetheless since September last year when I bought the DP2M, I note that the amount of photographs I have taken with other cameras (and I have a vast number (well alright at least 10)) has dwindled to virtually none. I am not sure this is healthy. So I have just bought 50 rolls of 120 format HP5/FP4 which I am now intending to shoot. That is 600 images on a 6x6 camera.

I suspect that I will out do that on the DPxMs. Is this a good thing? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    I must say that either Sigma is the best camera company in the world or poor business managers!

I sent my cashback claim in last week (I think it was Tuesday) and I have in my sweaty hands the 200 cashback cheque just over 1 week later.

Thank you Sigma - my DP3M including the hood has cost me 560.

LouisB

Post Thanks / Like

How come the DP3M deals haven't come to the US yet?? I just know as soon as I go for it, the price will come down to at least match the DP1/2M.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it not a good thing to be using the DPxMs a lot?!

Of course if you have just bought a second one you can use that purchase to get 200 off a third camera!

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Why is it not a good thing to be using the DPxMs a lot?!

Of course if you have just bought a second one you can use that purchase to get 200 off a third camera!

Lee
    Over here you can use the cashback only one time per customer. Or am i getting you wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adsf View Post
    Over here you can use the cashback only one time per customer. Or am i getting you wrong?
    I guess it would be worth checking before spending the money but the UK terms and conditions say 'Only one claim per address and serial number will be accepted.' which suggests to me that if you have more than one you can claim for more than one new purchase. I will check it out with Sigma, not that I want to have all 3 really of course ...

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

If that's how long they're taking I should get mine today or tomorrow. Canon used to take at least a month to turn around cashback claims.

Still trying to sell one or more of my Carl Zeiss ZE lenses to pay for it though. No bids for 28/2 on 2 ebay auctions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had confirmation from Sigma UK that you can claim more than one cashback as long as they are claimed against different cameras:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you would in this instance qualify for two lots of cash back, for your loyalty to Sigma Imaging (UK) Limited.

We look forward to receiving your applications.
    I wish I hadn't asked ...

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Great. I have to ask for me in Germany...
    Oh i dont have to! They have changed it. Before it was like: "Only one time per Adress (i dont know if "Houshold" is the right translation)".

And now it is: "one time per "old" Camera"

So if i can get cashback with my dp2m (on which i got casback already) i will go for a dp3!

Post Thanks / Like

Great. I have to ask for me in Germany...
    Oh i dont have to! They have changed it. Before it was like: "Only one time per Adress (i dont know if "Houshold" is the right translation)".

And now it is: "one time per "old" Camera"

So if i can get cashback with my dp2m (on which i got casback already) i will go for a dp3!
    It's academic as you would have to have bought the "third" camera by 16th June to qualify

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NigelC View Post
    It's academic as you would have to have bought the "third" camera by 16th June to qualify
    Not in Germany. Here it is until 31st July.

Post Thanks / Like

Not in Germany. Here it is until 31st July.
    UK scheme is extended to purchases made up to 19th July with claims needed to be in by 26th July.

Bucking the trend somewhat I have ordered a DP1 Merrill to keep my DP2 company and am wondering how silly, extravagant and reckless I am. It will be interesting comparing the output to the X-Pro 1 + 18mm ...

I am telling myself (repeatedly until 20th July) that there is no way I need the DP3M as well ...

Lee
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear yes they have extended the claim period to 19th July and yes I have also had e-mail confirmation that I can claim a second cashback on the DP3m I bought a few weeks ago.

I had sort of decided to "stick" for a while before adding DP1M but I'll probably "twist" now, especially since I discovered I can fit 2 x DPMs in my little shoulder bag.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are UK, try Clifton Cameras (thanks Louis!) ... you'll be surprised at the price. I have my DP1M here, sent late yesterday, currently doing firmware upgrade.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    I have just had confirmation from Sigma UK that you can claim more than one cashback as long as they are claimed against different cameras:

I wish I hadn't asked ...

Lee
    That is very bad news for my bank balance...