The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just got my Sigma DP cash back

biglouis

I must say that either Sigma is the best camera company in the world or poor business managers!

I sent my cashback claim in last week (I think it was Tuesday) and I have in my sweaty hands the £200 cashback cheque just over 1 week later.

Thank you Sigma - my DP3M including the hood has cost me £560.

LouisB

pflower

I went the same route as you and bought a DP3M because of the cash back. My check arrived pretty quickly but was hand written - definitely written by a person and not a machine with one of those weird fonts. This suggests that the demand is not exactly enormous.

Nonetheless since September last year when I bought the DP2M, I note that the amount of photographs I have taken with other cameras (and I have a vast number (well alright at least 10)) has dwindled to virtually none. I am not sure this is healthy. So I have just bought 50 rolls of 120 format HP5/FP4 which I am now intending to shoot. That is 600 images on a 6x6 camera.

I suspect that I will out do that on the DPxMs. Is this a good thing? Probably not.

I must say that either Sigma is the best camera company in the world or poor business managers!

I sent my cashback claim in last week (I think it was Tuesday) and I have in my sweaty hands the £200 cashback cheque just over 1 week later.

Thank you Sigma - my DP3M including the hood has cost me £560.

LouisB

ggibson

How come the DP3M deals haven't come to the US yet?? I just know as soon as I go for it, the price will come down to at least match the DP1/2M.

Sapphie

Why is it not a good thing to be using the DPxMs a lot?!

Of course if you have just bought a second one you can use that purchase to get £200 off a third camera!

Lee

adsf

Why is it not a good thing to be using the DPxMs a lot?!

Of course if you have just bought a second one you can use that purchase to get £200 off a third camera!

Lee
Over here you can use the cashback only one time per customer. Or am i getting you wrong?

Sapphie

Over here you can use the cashback only one time per customer. Or am i getting you wrong?
I guess it would be worth checking before spending the money but the UK terms and conditions say 'Only one claim per address and serial number will be accepted.' which suggests to me that if you have more than one you can claim for more than one new purchase. I will check it out with Sigma, not that I want to have all 3 really of course ...

Lee

NigelC

If that's how long they're taking I should get mine today or tomorrow. Canon used to take at least a month to turn around cashback claims.

Still trying to sell one or more of my Carl Zeiss ZE lenses to pay for it though. No bids for 28/2 on 2 ebay auctions.

Sapphie

I have just had confirmation from Sigma UK that you can claim more than one cashback as long as they are claimed against different cameras:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you would in this instance qualify for two lots of cash back, for your loyalty to Sigma Imaging (UK) Limited.

We look forward to receiving your applications.
I wish I hadn't asked ...

Lee

adsf

Great. I have to ask for me in Germany...
Oh i dont have to! They have changed it. Before it was like: "Only one time per Adress (i dont know if "Houshold" is the right translation)".

And now it is: "one time per "old" Camera"

So if i can get cashback with my dp2m (on which i got casback already) i will go for a dp3!

NigelC

Great. I have to ask for me in Germany...
Oh i dont have to! They have changed it. Before it was like: "Only one time per Adress (i dont know if "Houshold" is the right translation)".

And now it is: "one time per "old" Camera"

So if i can get cashback with my dp2m (on which i got casback already) i will go for a dp3!
It's academic as you would have to have bought the "third" camera by 16th June to qualify

Sapphie

Not in Germany. Here it is until 31st July.
UK scheme is extended to purchases made up to 19th July with claims needed to be in by 26th July.

Bucking the trend somewhat I have ordered a DP1 Merrill to keep my DP2 company and am wondering how silly, extravagant and reckless I am. It will be interesting comparing the output to the X-Pro 1 + 18mm ...

I am telling myself (repeatedly until 20th July) that there is no way I need the DP3M as well ...

Lee

NigelC

Oh dear yes they have extended the claim period to 19th July and yes I have also had e-mail confirmation that I can claim a second cashback on the DP3m I bought a few weeks ago.

I had sort of decided to "stick" for a while before adding DP1M but I'll probably "twist" now, especially since I discovered I can fit 2 x DPMs in my little shoulder bag.

Sapphie

If you are UK, try Clifton Cameras (thanks Louis!) ... you'll be surprised at the price. I have my DP1M here, sent late yesterday, currently doing firmware upgrade.

Lee