The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Merrill Printing Question

peterb

With the sharpness as high as it is with these cameras (I have the DP2M), after I process the raw files in SPP and then do the final tweaks in LR should I apply output sharpening or is that not necessary?

Thanks.

Peter

Rand47

Output sharpening in LR is image size dependent. I routinely print DPM files w/ standard LR output sharpening in the Print Module. I suggest you test. You'll see that the difference in output sharpening levels pretty subtle.

Rand

W.Utsch

I always print out of LR 5. The files are not sharpened in LR (develop mode), i leave sharpening most of the time at default in SPP. In the print module of LR output sharpening is at default according to the paper used (matt or glossy).
When i print big, i sometimes enlarge (output size @ 360 dpi) with Photozoom Pro or Perfect Resize, both apply some sharpening while enlarging. The difference to the regular LR printing is very small, if there is a difference at all.
Use a Epson 3800.
The prints up to A2 look absolutely fantastic - the best of all my cams.

W.Utsch

I always print out of LR 5. The files are not sharpened in LR (develop mode), i leave sharpening most of the time at default in SPP. In the print module of LR output sharpening is at default according to the paper used (matt or glossy).
When i print big, i sometimes enlarge (output size @ 360 dpi) with Photozoom Pro or Perfect Resize, both apply some sharpening while enlarging. The difference to the regular LR printing is very small, if there is a difference at all.
Use a Epson 3800.
The prints up to A2 look absolutely fantastic - the best of all my cams.