The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sigma photo pro

tray271

hi guys ive noticed when i take my dp2 merrill photos and put them in sigma pro it loads them and there is amazing ammounts of detail then when the blue bar has finally gone all the way the image changes and goes softer...any idea why this is happening ..im using version 5.5.2

adsf

It does some softening cause it would be oversharpened. If you export the image or view it 100% the sharpness is back. What you see in SPP is not always the final result. especially dark areas tend to look better in the exported image.

adsf

Export it in full res and then size it down to the screen size external using no kind of rendering, just "resize". Irfanview can do this.
The result will look that "sharp"

But its not the real sharpness. It just looks like because of the "steps" that are created at the details because of "resize" downsizing.

adsf

Here i have an example:

One Screenshot out of dpp before softening and one exported jpg downsized with just "resize" (which nobody should use).

Its not real detail. Our eyes are just tricked in that short period when we see the unrendered downsize. Actually its quite a mess...