The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Petition for Sigma micro 4/3

Kofronj

It's unlikely to happen, Rafael. There was talk about Sigma producing a removable lens compact before the original releases of the DP1 and DP2. What I believe they decided is that there's too many compromises with doing that—each camera is engineered for optimal optic performance (it wouldn't surprise me if microlenses with different for all three cameras). These sensors are 'unforgiving' of slop. If you listen to one of the interviews with Kazuto Yamaki regarding the Quattro and the evolution of a new dSLR, he mentions that most of their lenses aren't up to the task.

The Ute

I'd rather see them go the other way and come up w a FF version.

But I'd settle for a mirrorless, interchangeable lens SD1.

;)

UHDR

if they plan to go into niche market i think they are better off aiming for something bigger than 35mm FF but slot themselves just under MF, so may be leica S2 sensor size but with pentax 645 price. that area is a bit empty at the moment, only occupied by pentax 645 price-wise. If they plan to compete on image quality alone, i think they need leaf shutter, tethering option and a good set of flash system. so perhaps something that has S2-size sensor (40MP x 3 layers), mirrorless, lens leaf shutter, around USD6000 for body.

Tim

The original DP1 and DP2 were virtually APS-C in size. I can't see going down in sensor size is a good move for Foveon sensors.

I believe to do this Sigma would have to sign to become a part of the m43 consortium - unless they are now with the m43 lenses they make?
What becoming part of the consortiun entails I don't know, maybe money? or a certain level of support?

Seems very unlikely to happen.

I think the removable lens Foveon is called the SD1

The Ute

The original DP1 and DP2 were virtually APS-C in size. I can't see going down in sensor size is a good move for Foveon sensors.

I believe to do this Sigma would have to sign to become a part of the m43 consortium - unless they are now with the m43 lenses they make?
What becoming part of the consortiun entails I don't know, maybe money? or a certain level of support?

Seems very unlikely to happen.

I think the removable lens Foveon is called the SD1

It is but it is not a mirrorless design.

Would love to see it made more compact.

It is due for a makeover now that the Quattro is out.