The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens Hood for DP2 Merrill

Hello,
What is a good answer for a lens hood that will also let me use filters on a DP2 Merrill?
I see at B&H a plain hood and two different Sigma adapters that say you can use filters. I don't quite understand the difference.

I also read about a Lensmate brand DP1 adapter.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Robert

darr

I have the Sigma lens hood: LH2-01 for the DP2, and it can be placed on the lens with a filter on it, but you cannot put the lens cap on the lens with this hood on it. After trying it out, I deceided using a generic rubber hood instead. I like stowing my three Merrill cameras with the hoods and caps on them.

I bought the hood used, but in new condition for $12.95. Anyone interested can buy it from me for $12.95 and I will include First Class shipping to USA.

emmef2

I second darr comment, you can use one filter under the specific sigma hoods and you cannot stack another one on it.
On the other side the sigma hoods are very much optimized for the lens and provide very effective protection
As usual, the choice is a matter of personal preference and convenience