The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Processing DPxM files

pflower

This may be of interest to some here.

I found a link to a site run by Martin Zimelka (www.martinzimelka.com) which has an interesting review of the DP2M. He also has an interesting procedure for processing in SPP which never occurred to me before.

I have often been frustrated by images that require the exposure to be reduced to avoid clipping of highlights and then using Fill Light to bring up shadows. A kind of "faux HDR" look can result.

His tip is to save a colour image out of SPP and at the same time a copy with the WB set to monochrome. Open both as layers in Photoshop with the colour image as the top layer and change its blending mode to "colour".

Playing around with some problem images this does look very promising. Of course it hugely increases the workflow but even with this method I can process files much quicker than making a print in the darkroom from a difficult negative. Might be worth look at. Here is the link.

First Impressions

adsf

That is a great thing! Also makes the rendering of skin muuuch better. Doesnt enhance every little color-difference as it does normally

adsf

Excuse my ignorance, but what means set WB to monochrome?
There are two ways in spp to make a black and white image. The old way is setting the white-balance setting to "monochrome" which was not really pleasing, cause it was noisy and so... And then they made the monochrome-menu on top of the menu, that works better.

so wb monochrome is a wb in color-mode, that makes the image black and white.

G43

pflower...

When I read this article time ago I thought I would never care. Have no DPs, so why care.. ;-) Now I will soon have and now I care, but forgot about the article.

Thanks for bringing it up to the surface again.