The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

The Ute

^^^ Ute's examples above ^^^

The Quattro seems to have more saturation compared to the Merrill, which we know often deliver flat files that need a tweak in saturation.

I assume these are straight out of the camera?

LouisB

Yes.

The Quattro is set for "Vivid" mode so that may be why the saturation looks greater.

The Ute

Tim-

Their is an EVF available.

I'm using it and works OK.

Not perfect but acceptably.

Go to the Xitek for Sigma thread I started and you can see for yourself.

Hope that helps.

The Ute

Here's a few more w just the Quattro.

All using optimum shooting technique.

i.e., tripod, F8, etc.

Quentin_Bargate

Wow! I am not a pixel peeper, just a simple visual artist that appreciates 'eye candy,' and these twizzle my visual senses. :thumbs:
Thanks - taken yesterday, handheld. We are enjoying a good summer locally. My point of course is that we can get the look we want in post processing. My impression of the Quattro is it is more of a "blank canvas" than the Merrills, and therefore it is more up to the photographer what look he or she wants at the end of the day.

Rand47

Quentin,

Lovely results. I think you should start a new thread, "DP Quattro Best Practices," where we could have the distilled wisdom of your, and other thoughtful users', findings -in one place.

Please! :)

Rand

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin,

Lovely results. I think you should start a new thread, "DP Quattro Best Practices," where we could have the distilled wisdom of your, and other thoughtful users', findings -in one place.

Please! :)

Rand
Whereas the Merrill dictates the final look to some extent, that "blank canvas" you get with the Quattro shots is going to be a part of their success with the wider photographic community, in my opinion. More flexibilty, better colour, slightly higher resolution.

Just printed a Quattro shot at about 24" x 36"(or at least part printed it) and it looks good enough to be large format. Pin sharp. Now if it and the DP1Q, when released, will do large prints, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

G43

A few more comparisons from today's shooting.

1st set are slightly different lighting.

Setting are the same except the Quattro is on vivid instead of standard.

All tripod mounted at F8.

Set 1- Merrill, Quattro
Set 2- Quattro, Merrill
Set 3- Quattro, Merrill
Wish I could see the files full sized :)

The Ute

Last edited:

G43

Works fine The Ute

Quite a difference between the rendering of colors.

Q shows green as grey, Forrest.
M shows blue as green, Lake.

Q has higher resolution.
M shows better 3D pop.

Anyways... there seems to be a time displacement between shots since the light is different between the shots.

I never until now considered the price of the Q an object of concern. Many of you brought the matter forward here in the beginning. *Not worth the upgrade for the buck*.
This seems correct in my eyes, but there are other things that matters: Speed.

How do you like the rendering of the Q?

Last edited: