The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SIGMA SD1 shots

scho

Invasive exotic? I'm not a botanist so can't identify this plant but it is growing in a small wetland area next to the local DOT storage area. About 10-12 ft tall dense cluster of grass (Pampas?) that completely dominates this wetland area on Cayuga Inlet, NY. Sigma sd1M 17-50.

scho

A few SD1Merrill monochrome images. Raw files were first processed through RawDigger simply to export blue channel monochrome tif files that were then imported into Lightroom for sharpening and toning. Click for full size originals.

Last edited:

Stoneage

I was in the park for macro shots. After two hours I walked home, a bit disappointed, and saw this scene. As it turned out, it was my only keeper.

SD1, 70mm macro, F4.5, 1/80, ISO 160

tagscuderia

Kodak EIR / Aerochrome colours from the SD1M, hot filter removed (obviously) and a Custom WB.

Taken of Pavey Ark in Langdale; a popular crag for rock climbers, 14 total here... I think. You probably have to view the original on Flickr to count them all.

darr

Re: Tiny Green Frog

--

Hi Everyone!
It seems to have been a long time since I have shot my SD1 cameras.

I am currently in downsizing mode and gearing up for a future retirement move. I have a lot of camera platforms and have to let go of some. I have been back and forth about the Sigma cameras I own because I do not shoot with them a lot, but I appreciate their Foveon sensor. I sold my DP0 recently and have decided to keep my two SD1 cameras and lenses since I enjoy them mostly for macro and abstract stuff. I will be selling my DP Merrill trio and accessories as soon as I can get to it (a lot of other stuff is being sold at the moment). I shoot film and digital, so this has been hard. I feel the SD1 will be the last DSLR I will own, and find its optical viewfinder convenient for composing without bleeding the batteries. Here's a tiny green frog that made me stop and notice him on a studio window today, and the SD1 was already on the tripod waiting to be used.

If interested in seeing what else I shot with the SD1, visit the "Lets See Some Abstracts" forum.

Kind regards,
Darr

scho

A grayscale produced from a shot taken in 2017 with the SD1+ 17-50/2.8. Image was scaled to 43 MP in Topaz AI Gigapixel and reduced by 50% for upload to Flickr.

Stoneage

Taking the old lady out and challenging her abilities.. (and mine)

SD1 - ISO 640 - 1/60 - 420mm
SDIM3133.jpg

SD1 - ISO 400 - 1/100 - 420mm
SDIM3115.jpg

scho

Re-processed another SD1m 17-50/2.8 shot from 2017. Still have the SD1m and will take it out for some new work next week.

B L

scho; said:
Re-processed another SD1m 17-50/2.8 shot from 2017. Still have the SD1m and will take it out for some new work next week.
This one and many other from Sigma cameras rival medium format.I dont know if I have made an outrageous statement.

scho

Trying some casual B&W still life shooting today with the SD1 Merrill and 30/1.4 DC Art lens. Simple workflow. Connect camera to computer with USB cable (I don't have card reader for the big CF cards), startup Rawdigger, set for blue channel extraction, open x3f files from camera, export 16 bit gray tiffs back to computer and open in Lightroom for tweaking exposure and sharpening. Also split toned this one to warm/neutral.

scho

One more still life shot of our devoted kitchen Hexe with her trusty broom ready to sweep away any evil spirits. Same setup and processing as the previous shot, but no toning for this one.

scho

A cold, rainy day so just trying some options from indoors today with the SD1 Merrill + 17-50 lens. I took out the dust cover/IR/UV cut filter and put a Kolari IRChrome filter on the lens. Created a a new custom white balance by shooting a white wall (dim ambient daylight). Tried processing x3f files both in SPP6 and the PS plugin (both worked fine) and then did some further adjustments on exported PSD files in Lightroom. Took out some heavy overall magenta cast with the color sliders (set magenta slider to -100) and left all other color sliders at default. Sample image just shot through window hand held, so not very sharp, but mainly to see color rendering of neutrals and vegetation. Clean neutrals and nice bright reds in what living green vegetation was around (including some algae/lichens on tree branches).

scho

Steamboat Landing on Cayuga Inlet at the farmers market. SD1 Merrill with 17-50, sensor dust cover/IR cut filter removed and Kolari IRChrome filter on lens. Processed in SPP6.7 and Lightroom.

Same scene with more color.

Last edited: