The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shoulder Bag for three DP Merrills ?

Hi,
Any ideas about a shoulder bag the right size for three DPx Merrill cameras and maybe a couple of additional small items?
Wanting a smallest shoulder courier satchel bag that does not look expensive.
There is one pictured in the Sigma accessories thread but I did not see a brand name.
Any other ideas?
Thank you!!
Robert

Dryce

I use a Kata Lite-441 DL.

I set the compartment dividers to split it into 3 with a slight taper - the DPMs on the outside sit vertically facing out and the DPM in the middle is reversed.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, just curious, is this a spotmeter inside your bag?
Indeed it is. Zone VI Pentax Spotmeter. Old school.

I also carry and use a Macbeth Colorchecker Passport too for white balance as I sometimes find that the DPMs aren't great at white balancing (or rather it's a problem fixing in the raw converter).

Guess you guys don't use an LCD viewfinder.
I use a hoodman loupe and it sits on top of the bodies in the bag.

Godfrey

Hi,
Any ideas about a shoulder bag the right size for three DPx Merrill cameras and maybe a couple of additional small items?
Wanting a smallest shoulder courier satchel bag that does not look expensive.
I have two of the Think Tank Photo Mirrorless Mover 30i bags. They're very good, I keep my Sony A7 kit (body and three lenses, accessories) and Olympus E-M1 kit (body and four lenses, accessories) in them. But it seems to me that the 30i would be pretty big for a set of three DPx Merrill cameras.

I was looking for a smaller bag for the Leica X and didn't like the MM 20. Instead I bought a Tenba DNA 8: www.tenba.com...DNA_8
Like most Tenba products, the design is excellent and the build quality is right up there. It's pretty small, but it carries more than I would have guessed—I've gone on long walks with it carrying Leica X and Leica M4-2 with Nokton 50mm fitted, including the M4-2's MR4 meter and some accessories, a spare film, the iPad mini, etc. It's more convenient to get in and out of than the MM30i due to the quick release buckles on the overflap rather than a fine tooth zipper.

There are only two things I didn't like about the DNA 8. I felt the velcro securing the overflap was redundant and removed it. The standard strap is a bit short for me and is kinda standard seat-belt strap in feel ... I replaced it with a Domke cloth strap for the F5XB which is just about perfect.

Here are a couple of photos:

DNA 8 with Leica CL + M-Rokkor 40, Leica M4-2 + Color Skopar 50:

DNA 8 with Leica M9 + Nokton 50, and Ultron 28/2, Color Skopar 35, 21 plus iPad mini in case:

enjoy,
G

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Is there enough cushioning to protect the cameras from smacking into each other, or if you drop the bag?
Yes and don't.

Yes there is padding between the bodies - lens dividers in the bag. Enough padding for dropping the bag, well it's a padded ThinkTank bag but not over padded. It's padded well enough though to protect against a drop.