The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma dp0

Dryce

But it would be a lot more versatile.

I suppose on a tripod, bracketing to take care of the limited dynamic range, it might work, assuming good light to limit purple blotching, but with a probable 50mp A7 in the pipeline, there are better options. I'd rather use a DP2m or DP3m and stitch.
I think it depends on price and how well the lens works.

If the new lens is good then this is interesting. But it does look bulky - which takes away one of the advantages of the DPMs - which is they're small and discrete for urban use - and small and light if you're carrying all three.

If the price is the same as the DP2Q then if the lens is decent then it looks like a reasonable proposition. If the price is significantly higher than the DP2Q then I think the lens will have to be remarkable.

rjp85

I was surprised at this announcement, due to the fact that the DP1Q does not have a very good lens, even though they said it was new and improved.

So if the 19mm wasn't good, how can they now jump to 14mm?

Here's hoping that the DP0Q and DP3Q will have some sort of different firmware/image quality/less noise than the DP1Q and DP2Q.

I hope they quickly release these cameras and start a new project with a REAL three layer, 1:1:1 sensor. Wake up Sigma!

Ulfric Douglas

If only Sigma had made a DP0M a couple of years ago, sold a load, feeding the used market with plenty of £200 wide angle goodness. Gimme gimme.
As it is, the DP1M never looked wide enough for me, and as some have pointed out, the DP-Q range isn't actually any improvement, maybe even retrograde.

Let's find out ... soon enough.

The Ute

Sigma should just have concentrated their efforts on improving the Merrills and listening to what their consumers truly wanted, i.e. an EVF, A FF sensor, a better AF system, etc.

The Quattros are not the answer. IMO they went about it the wrong way.

They are making terrific lenses though.

They should have made the the SD1 into a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.

Maybe the next time round they'll get it right.