The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP0 Quattro shots

biglouis

Blustons, Kentish Town, England was until it closed last year (2015) was a rare example of an arcade shop and as such was afforded a Grade II listing. Unfortunately, it sat empty for a while but it has recently opened again and appears to be continuing in the 'smattah' (Yiddish for clothing) business - just like it had been since 1932. It is great to see this iconic shop in use again.

TN Args

A Sigma dp0 Quattro photo of some swans for your inspection, shot at 1/320 sec, f13, AE = 0, ISO 200. The camera has the latest firmware. SPP = Ver 6.3.2 All SPP setting are centred and both noise are far left buttons. This photo is not for artistic merit (pretty much goes for all my pics ;))

Exported from SPP to jpeg and sized for uploading here in Lightroom with no adjustments. Below are some Lightroom 100% screen grabs.

Here is the original Sigma raw file to download if you wish: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13067037/SDIM1020.X3F

and the 100% screen grabs are below:

Hi,

I had another go at these same crops, using SPP6.4 and Daylight WB. Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

SDIM1020-SPP-pic.jpg

SDIM1020-SPP-pic-2.jpg

SDIM1020-SPP-pic-3.jpg

SDIM1020-SPP-pic-4.jpg

furtle

Thank you TN Args. A while back, I too did have another crack at that file and got a small improvement, as you have. But that shot was taken at a f/13 and I think this is the problem as it looks like diffraction is ruining the image. I now never use a smaller aperture than f/6.3 on the dp0Q. Plenty of DoF even at f/4.5. If I need something at the front of the image to be in focus with a good DoF , I'll step back and crop later. Looking back, I ruined a lot of photo opportunities in places I'll probably not re-visit.

Also, I've screwed up a lot of images using SPP with the wrong settings for the Quattro. I now start with Chroma and Luminance at second from right and sharpness at -2.0. Crispy, I normally leave in the middle. The rest I do in Lightroom.

biglouis

One final shot from Flamstead last week. These must have been the best looking, insect free roses I have seen in a long time.

scho

A little early fall color in the hills above Erin, NY near Stoney Ridge Orchard.