The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Quattro Images

furtle

I haven't posted here for a while. In that time Sigma have released SPP 6.6.0 which I think is a great improvement for the Quattro images. Here is an example I think would have been a struggle in the earlier days. Using my dp0 Quattro which is a brilliant camera. So good, I think I'll get another and keep it in a box as a reserve.

furtle

Nice shot, Steve. I wonder if it would look even better in black and white?
Thanks. You could well be right and I may have a play if I have time. I kinda like the Out of Africa look of the English countryside. The farmers ain't so sure.

ggibson

Another thing you might try is cropping to a more normal 4:3 or 3:2 ratio, anchored to the left. The main subject, the side of the house, naturally points the eye left, so it balances the image out to have the house on the right side of the frame (somewhere in the right 1/3rd of the image).

You've inspired me to go shoot my dp0 more now, but where I live we don't get interesting clouds like that as often! :)

furtle

Another thing you might try is cropping to a more normal 4:3 or 3:2 ratio, anchored to the left. The main subject, the side of the house, naturally points the eye left, so it balances the image out to have the house on the right side of the frame (somewhere in the right 1/3rd of the image).

You've inspired me to go shoot my dp0 more now, but where I live we don't get interesting clouds like that as often! :)
Thanks, yes, the cropping was deliberate. I like really wide photos but as you can see, getting the balance / crop right takes some messing around. I don't really have time but I appreciate your comments and take them on board. Maybe I'll have a go.

By the way, a great set of peach pics with your DP3M A truly fab camera. We don't get peached here - three on my tree - but sometimes good clouds. There is a total eclipse of the moon tonight but we have overcast cloud cover for the first time in weeks.