The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SD Quattro early lemon review -

Hulyss Bowman

I think I'll open a new thread for older foveons, just to put this quattro to shame at many levels.

Just watched dpr... when they try compare sigma and medium format... I wonder where stupidity will end.

Stoneage

Seems silly to draw conclusions about the Quattro sensor based on the low-res output.
Quattros 'high res' is well examined. The interesting part in the 'low res' processing is, that it should behave very much like the original Foveon. Personally i find it surprising that it can't match the output from the good old DP2 from 2009.

But i agree, that we shouldn't make conclusions about the sensor itself. It's still possible that the SPP processing is flawed.
For the user it makes no big difference though.

Paul Monaghan

SDQ_0022.jpg

sdQ in Low rez with the 50-100mm art at iso100, 100mm, f1.8, 1/4000.

Personally I love the 50-100 lens, its a little heavy but the IQ is very good and makes a good combo with the sdQ for many subjects like this portrait.

SDQ_0080 - Copy.jpg

sdQ with 50-100mm f1.8 at iso100, 65mm, f1.8, 1/80 (full size resized to 1200px wide)

Just my thoughts, hope you all enjoy.