The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma sd Quattro Images

scho

An sdQ (dust shield/hot mirror removed) IR image taken along the waterfront trail. Hoya R72 filter on Sigma 18-35 A, mono mode.

scho

Cornell arboretum. sdQ 18-35 A - dust protector + Kolari CC filter on lens. Camera, spare battery, 18-35 lens, R72 filter, and CC filter comprise my IR/Vis walkabout kit. Dust protector/hot mirror is in storage.
Replaced edited image.

scho

A few from an afternoon walk on the waterfront trail. sdQ 18-35 A

Last edited:

scho

Fall Creek and Ithaca Falls. A few handheld shots with the sdQ +18-35 + Kolari Hot Mirror (- internal IR cut/dust shield). This setup really requires a tripod to avoid shake and DOF limitations. Most of these were shot in shutter priority mode.

scho

I think that this was our last day of Indian Summer, with some dramatic changes coming this weekend so I took the opportunity to get out and take some snaps. Just received the Sigma 8-16 and this was my first outing with this lens on the sdQ. I had to re-install the internal hot mirror/dust shield because this lens does not take filters. I shot these using 3:2 format except for last one in 16:9 format and all auto WB. Processed raws through SPP 6.4 and exported TIFFS to LR where I applied only minor exposure adjustments and then exported through Piccure+ plugin for light sharpening before sending to Flickr as 50% jpegs (I really wish that Flickr would stop adding sharpening when doing re-sizing.). Click image for the 50% original exported to Flickr. I think that the 8-16 UW is a nice, older generation lens with good distortion and color aberration control.

Last edited:

scho

Rescued hibiscus from the deck and brought indoors today to prevent frost damage. sdQ with 70mm Macro.

scho

A few shots taken at theCornell Arboretum ponds using the sdQ with 8-16 lens handheld in S mode. All x3f files processed quickly through Graphic Converter using the embedded jpeg. Click for 50% image (Flickr downsizing over-sharpens).