The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma sd Quattro Images

TClair

Nice colors, but was that mushroom really that blue or is it a result of light reflection and increasing saturation?
It actually had a slight blue gray tint to it and I had a polarizing filter on the lens which helped with sky reflections.

biglouis

^^^^ Terry, your work ^^^^

Definitely the most impressive work with an SD Quattro I've seen. I am particularly surprised that the EXIF on some captures show very small apertures, f11 and f16. On my DP01 the captures turn to mush above f8 and as it uses the same sensor (I believe) I'm surprised your photos are so sharp at these apertures.

Anyway, an eye opener - and thanks for links to larger sizes which helps with the evaluation.

LouisB

TClair

^^^^ Terry, your work ^^^^

Definitely the most impressive work with an SD Quattro I've seen. I am particularly surprised that the EXIF on some captures show very small apertures, f11 and f16. On my DP01 the captures turn to mush above f8 and as it uses the same sensor (I believe) I'm surprised your photos are so sharp at these apertures.

Anyway, an eye opener - and thanks for links to larger sizes which helps with the evaluation.

LouisB
Thank you, Louis. As you noted I have seen no issues with shooting at f16 with the 30mm kit lens. I need to try it with other lenses to see if I get similar results. I'm hoping Sigma comes out with a new wide angle prime soon. If not then I hear the 18-35mm "A" zoom is very good.