The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma sd Quattro Images

furtle

St. George's Church Brailes, Warwickshire. Sigma sd Quattro H. This is a three row stitch, nine SFD photos in total. 40mm FL at f/8.0

bensonga

A different angle and wider view of the Anchorage Community Works Art Co-op rear door. The spring thaw is underway.

Gary

sdQ, 12-105/4 Art lens at 35mm, ISO 100, 1/100th at f8, Raw file converted with SPP 6.6

furtle

Winderton Church, Warwickshire

The inside of the Brailes Catholic church. One of the oldest post Reformation public Catholic churches in England having survived the reformation being hidden in a malt barn attached to a farm house.

scho

A new old Sigma SD Quattro H with the Sigma 24-105 A. Shot in raw mode and processed through PS 2020 with the sigma raw plug-in. In-camera DNG is more convenient but image quality not so great.

Marce1o

Cayuga Lake Ithaca, NY. sdQ+18-35 Art with dust protector/hot mirror removed. Processed in SPP 6.4 and then converted to B&W using B&W adjustment layer in Photoshop. Custom cool toning with icc profile.

This is the original full spectrum file before processing in Photoshop.

Yes, but what is the resolution of this file?. Considering that the Foveon design of the SDQ is 4-1-1, the files wouldn't be very large I presume...

scho

I haven't used the sdqh for awhile and only took it out today to do the new firmware update. Getting lazy when shooting this camera now and only using jpeg mode with S-HI setting. SDQH with 24-105

bensonga

Beautiful image Carl. I will have to try that S-Hi feature soon.

As I add more Sigma SA lenses to my collection (I recently bought used 50/1.4 ART and 17-50/2.8 and a new 70/2.8 ART macro) I’ve been thinking about picking up a sdQh if I come across a really good deal. Any thoughts from those who have used/owned both the sdQ and sdQh?

Gary

scho

Beautiful image Carl. I will have to try that S-Hi feature soon.

As I add more Sigma SA lenses to my collection (I recently bought used 50/1.4 ART and 17-50/2.8 and a new 70/2.8 ART macro) I’ve been thinking about picking up a sdQh if I come across a really good deal. Any thoughts from those who have used/owned both the sdQ and sdQh?

Gary
I had both at one time, but now only the sdqh. Image quality is comparable, but you get a slightly larger sensor with the h. Also option to shoot DNG raw in camera that makes post processing open to more converters. I have the same collection of Sigma lenses plus the 30/1.4, 24-105, and 100-400. The 50/1.4 is a nice lens.

bensonga

Thanks Carl. The slightly larger sensor is certainly appealing, especially since a FF L-mount Foveon camera is still likely 1-2 years out.

I also have the 30/1.4, 24-105/4 and of course the 100-400 thanks to your images and inputs. Do you still have the 18-35/1.8?

I’ve been doing some printing the past few days of DP3M, SD1M and sdQ images for upcoming B&W and color print exchanges.

Gary

scho

Thanks Carl. The slightly larger sensor is certainly appealing, especially since a FF L-mount Foveon camera is still likely 1-2 years out.

I also have the 30/1.4, 24-105/4 and of course the 100-400 thanks to your images and inputs. Do you still have the 18-35/1.8?

I’ve been doing some printing the past few days of DP3M, SD1M and sdQ images for upcoming B&W and color print exchanges.

Gary
I sold the 18-35 along with the sdq at the same time a few years ago. Not a bad lens , just wasn't getting enough use.

bensonga

Just a few shots from the past couple days with the sd Quattro and 70mm f2.8 ART macro lens. I've been really impressed with the images from this lens on the sdQ.

Gary

Mr Frog. Processed from the X3F file with SPP 6.7

A Buckeye crane used in mining operations. At the Sutton, Alaska historical park. Processed from the JPG files.