The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma sd Quattro Images

B L

Just a few shots from the past couple days with the sd Quattro and 70mm f2.8 ART macro lens. I've been really impressed with the images from this lens on the sdQ.

Gary

Mr Frog. Processed from the X3F file with SPP 6.7

A Buckeye crane used in mining operations. At the Sutton, Alaska historical park. Processed from the JPG files.
Those who use fovenon know its real value. thanks Gary for sharing some lovely examples.

scho

Last mini geraniums of the season still hanging on, but the glory days of June are long gone. SDQH with Sigma 100-400 C. In camera S-HI 51 MP jpeg original.

Last edited:

furtle

This thread is lacking in activity. I see my last post was 1st June and that's only two posts up! Perhaps, Sigma cameras are in the wilderness. I still think their camera make amazing images if used in the conditions they like but they get such a bad press. Hopefully, if the full frame Foveon is released it will give Sigma a boost. I guess the bad press is because they need to be used at ISO100 and today people don't want that constraint.

Here is Brailes church, Warwickshire with some nasty weather approaching. Sigma SD Quattro H with the 135mm Art lens.

And a bowl of ornamental Qunices from the garden. Chaenomeles japonica for making quince jelly. Yum. dp0 Quattro using SFD mode on a tripod.

Last edited:

biglouis

This thread is lacking in activity. I see my last post was 1st June and that's only two posts up! Perhaps, Sigma cameras are in the wilderness. I still think their camera make amazing images if used in the conditions they like but they get such a bad press. Hopefully, if the full frame Foveon is released it will give Sigma a boost. I guess the bad press is because they need to be used at ISO100 and today people don't want that constraint.
Great captures that really show off the capability of both cameras - especially the DP0Q, which I always looked on as being my digital SWC.

The noise limitations of the sensor - I could maybe just get away with iso400 with Merrill sensor but not with the revised and in my opinion poorer performing sensor of the quattro - might now be mitigated with the new intelligent noise reduction software.

I might try using TopazDenoiseAI on some of my noiser sigma photos (I no longer have the cameras but I still have the files) and see if that improves them.

LouisB