The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Image Processor

scho

This was first posted today over at DPR. Fantastic little app (Mac only) for viewing and processing Sigma x3f and DNG files. It is Lyn and can be dowloaded free for a 15 day trial or purchase for $20. Opens and processes x3f and DNG files from my SD1, sd QH, and DP2M.

Here is an sdQH file processed from a DNG in Lyn.

scho

It doesn't process X3F files. It must be the embedded JPG.
It will open and process Merrill x3f files, but only DNGs from the Quattro. If raw develop is enabled in prefs then Lyn will attempt to use the raw data.

Last edited:

scho

I posted this comparison over at DPR, but here it is again. A Sigma sdQH shot in DNG processed in both Lyn and Lightroom. Slightly different crops, color, etc. because of different tools and capabilities. I enabled raw processing in Lyn, but I really don't know if it was using the embedded jpeg or raw data from the DNG.

Lyn

Lightroom

Here is a dropbox link to the original DNG file.

Last edited:

Kofronj

I posted this comparison over at DPR, but here it is again. A Sigma sdQH shot in DNG processed in both Lyn and Lightroom. Slightly different crops, color, etc. because of different tools and capabilities. I enabled raw processing in Lyn, but I really don't know if it was using the embedded jpeg or raw data from the DNG.
Hey Carl: LYN uses Apple's CoreImage library to deal with the image files, so in the case of all Sigma files---you're using the embedded jpg. It's a nice program, but it's not a raw editor for Sigma files.

Jim

scho

Hey Carl: LYN uses Apple's CoreImage library to deal with the image files, so in the case of all Sigma files---you're using the embedded jpg. It's a nice program, but it's not a raw editor for Sigma files.

Jim
Yes, I know but it is useful when I just want to quickly sort and post a few images. Quality is essentially the same as exported jpegs from SPP or Tiff-LR.