The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

question about DP1m

foveon

my DP1m changed naming of pics from DP1M...... to _P1M........,
I tried to set it to the other naming SD1M...... and it wrote _D1M......
Firmware is 1.04, looking at the sigma web thats the most recent.

Malina DZ

That's the way DPMs handle file naming when color space is switched AdobeRGB. Make sure your selected mode/user profile has sRGB to avoid underscore instead of "D" or "S" letter.

foveon

Yes, Adobe RGB is superior, imho. Just put up with it!
My other DPs are set to aRGB and name with _ first, I dont know why I didn´t notice this,
btw, this sRGB and aRGB thing only works with jpegs? In RAW colorspace is determined later?

Malina DZ

btw, this sRGB and aRGB thing only works with jpegs? In RAW colorspace is determined later?
Yes and Yes. If you shoot in raw mode, color space selection is pointless, except for file naming. I doubt DP's screen is capable of supporting aRGB color space, as any camera screen is as of this date.

xpatUSA

I personally find the colour rendition superior when trying to process my photographs but it is a personal choice. Others may disagree.

LouisB
Thanks!

Not disagreeing personally, just trying to understand.

So I guess you have a "wide gamut" monitor that you view when processing your photographs?

Best,

Ted